The energy of a newsroom. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurship we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning digital, magazine, radio, television, and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is setting out to become the indispensable source for the world's most influential leaders.
In December 2017, Bloomberg launched QuickTake, a global news network for the social, mobile, streaming world. We're seeking an ambitious video journalist to help drive QuickTake’s global growth.
* This is a position on QuickTake's dynamic weekend team. The schedule is Wednesday through Sunday.
We'll trust you to:
- Produce everything from a :30 news video (pitch, script & edit) to a short doc (conceptualization, production, edit & delivery)
- Create content for multiple social platforms ranging from breaking news, animations/gifs, short text-on-screen news clips, as well as longer features and explainers
- Seek creative ways to tell a story and communicate data simply and with visual appeal
- Identify trending topics and understand the elements that make video successful on social media and within a streaming service
- Understand community driven content and how social media users can engage with and influence video content
- Work under pressure in a fast-paced news environment
You’ll need to have:
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Attention to detail, impeccable news judgment and compelling enterprise pitches
- 4-6 years of experience in video production preferably within a news organization
- A refined sense of social-first news stories and ability to give fresh angles on them
-The ideal candidate can write/ produce/shoot/edit their own stories
- A love of news and an understanding of global trends
- Recent/relevant production and post-production experience
- Video editing experience within Adobe Premiere and the broader Creative Suite
- Camera know-how and field shooting/producing is an asset (Sony FS7 & A7sii)
- Strong writing skills for headlines and scripting
- Ability and willingness to work non-traditional hours and travel
If this sounds like you:
Apply here: https://careers.bloomberg.com/job/detail/81505
If we think you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.