Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. Bloomberg Businessweek is looking for a astute and ambitious editor who can contribute to the magazine’s extensive print and online coverage of companies, technology, finance, economics, politics and government policy, and in-depth surveys a number of specialized subjects. Businessweek is the pre-eminent chronicler of the effect that money and business have on the way the world works. As we envision the future of Bloomberg Businessweek, we are seeking a Senior Editor with broad interests and the versatility to take difficult subjects and make them accessible to the general reader.
You will work with some of the best financial and business reporters in the world. Reporting to the London-based Deputy Editor of magazine and working closely with the magazine’s Editor-in-Chief in New York City, you will help produce the weekly magazine for various platforms, including content for regional issues around the world. You will be a journalist with a sense of how swiftly news can change, the discernment to shape information into a narrative, and the wherewithal to negotiate with various departments and teams across the wider Bloomberg organization to deliver stories on deadline.
We'll trust you to:
- Identify news stories for the distinctive sections of the magazine
- Manage relationships with the many teams and reporting blocs within Bloomberg News, cultivating the resources Businessweek needs to produce its weekly and daily content
- Maintain editorial schedules and delivering projects on deadline, synchronizing work with Businessweek editorial centers in New York, London, and Singapore
- Work collaboratively with individual, specialist reporters whose copy you will edit and shape to Businessweek’s journalistic standards
- Provide constructive feedback to those same reporters in order to ensure their future contributions to Businessweek
You'll need to have:
- Five or more years of experience in business journalism
- At least two years of directly managing reporters and their assignments
- Keen understanding the way explanatory, narrative, and investigative journalism work
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and negotiation skills
- Detail orientated; superior problem solving and organizational skills; and an ability to conceptualize, prioritize, and manage multiple projects
- The ability to work both independently and with groups of journalists
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrable passion and intellectual curiosity, passion for learning
- Familiarity with the K4 publishing system is a plus
Does this sound like you?
Please apply here: https://careers.bloomberg.com/job/detail/79999
If we think you're a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in withFacebook Twitter