The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from QuickTake to New Economy.
As a Story Editor, you’ll be involved in all corners of our programming slate; from short explainers on YouTube, to multi-episode documentaries on OTT platforms - this position will be essential to pairing the right stories with the right format. You will have both a solid understanding of all aspects of video production, as well as a keen journalistic sensibility.
Working closely alongside our global team of video producers, you’ll help maintain the editorial voice and standard for QuickTake Originals through assisting in the story selection, writing and editing of our videos. From script edits to timeline notes, you will ensure our videos are as editorially sharp, compelling, and complete as possible. We’re looking for someone who has the curiosity and willingness to work across a wide array of editorial themes including general business, markets and finance, politics, technology, and lifestyle.
We’ll trust you to:
- Assist and/or lead in the reporting and scripting for stories
- Review scripts and working cuts of videos
- Work with producers on delivering feedback and edits in a timely manner
- Liaise with newsroom reporters and producers on video
- Pitch video ideas and develop series for pilot
- Work with producers on editorial development of series
- Be willing to work across a wide range of content types
You'll need to have:
- 5+ years of experience in reporting and/or producing for digital
- Strong writing skills, especially for video
- A team-player mentality with a positive attitude
- A creative eye with exceptional attention to detail
- Strong leadership, great communicator, and experience juggling multiple projects
Does this sound like you?
Apply here: https://careers.bloomberg.com/job/detail/83286
If we believe you’re a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.