The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from QuickTake to New Economy.
Bloomberg Television and Radio is seeking a highly motivated, hard-working field producer to join our bureau in Washington, D.C. The successful applicant will be passionate about business, politics and how they intersect; demonstrate strong editorial, organizational and communication skills that strengthen the ties between our New York and D.C. teams; and show keen attention to detail so they're able to troubleshoot effectively. The role requires a willingness to work early morning and evening shifts, as well as the flexibility to travel.
We’ll trust you to:
- Field produce at news events in Washington and across the country as needed, managing logistics, producing live reporter hits, interviewing newsmakers and communicating constantly with the relevant news desk and live shows
- Pitch and produce political segments for Bloomberg’s premier political programs, Balance of Power and Sound On
- Provide editorial guidance on events in Washington to the network, including taking on planning responsibilities as needed
- Produce and manage the edits of pre-recorded interviews
- Research and arrange access to live feeds from external sources
- Communicate with global editorial, production staff, on-air talent and colleagues from across Bloomberg's media platforms to ensure we maximize the impact of our content around the world
- Book internal and external guests to discuss news-of-day topics
- Assist and direct talent during live and taped radio programming
- Produce and edit audio long-form news magazine segments and podcasts
You’ll need to have:
- 3+ years of recent and relevant broadcast production experience
- Strong writing and edit supervising skills and the ability to creatively use video and graphics
- Previous financial journalism experience is preferred
- Flexibility with hours is essential
- True passion for politics
- A professional attitude that is highly collaborative and creative
- A willingness to take initiative and be a self-starter
Does this sound like you?
Apply here: https://careers.bloomberg.com/job/detail/87569
If you think we’re a good match. Well get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.