The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from QuickTake to New Economy.
Bloomberg Media is seeking a 12-month, Presentation Designer contractor to join its B2B Brand Marketing Team. The ideal candidate will be passionate about new media and innovative storytelling techniques, and is a PowerPoint presentation specialist with a strong eye for design. This person will be responsible for designing, producing and updating high-priority presentations for both internal and external use.
Embedded directly within B2B Brand Marketing Team, this role will also become immersed in all B2B Brand activities. S/he will collaborate with partners across business units and internal/external creative partners to:
- Extrapolate the larger brand visual identity across all internal and external brand materials
- Ensure alignment and adherence with the brand visual system and style guidelines
- Build easy-to-use templates for presentations and other brand activities
- Create or finesse documents or presentations for high-value clients and senior executives
- Design high-level general presentations and sales enablement materials (e.g., brochures, sell sheets)
- Translate copy, stories and ideas into unique visual expressions (e.g., infographics, charts)
- Create placemats, handouts, wall clings, etc., for on-site or off-site meetings
- Collaborate on concepts and assets for B2B-facing campaign(s)
- Work with Studio on B2B trade event materials as necessary
- Design B2B promo materials, mailings and packaging as necessary
- Develop a pool of trusted resources to project manage ongoing work and any overflow
- BA/BS (or equivalent) in graphic design, fine arts or advertising
- 7-10 years of design experience, ideally in a publishing or agency setting
- Expertise in Adobe CS 6 (Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat and InDesign) and PowerPoint required; in Google Slides and Keynote preferred
- Thorough knowledge of traditional design principles with expertise in how to apply them within a visual design system
- Strong aesthetic skills and attention to visual details, with an excellent eye for typography, layout, and branding
- Ability to translate abstract, complex or ground-breaking ideas in straightforward ways
- Exceptional project management skills; ability to multitask and manage deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and collaborate with cross-functional teams and work autonomously
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, multifaceted environment with limited guidance
- Positive, can-do attitude, with a desire to learn and grow
Does this sound like you?
Apply here: https://careers.bloomberg.com/job/detail/80275
We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.