The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from QuickTake to New Economy.
Bloomberg New Economy has several social accounts globally: Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat, & Weibo. These accounts are multipurpose—they are meant to serve as marketing vehicles for the brand, driving awareness and promoting initiatives, but also serving editorial content distribution goals in English-speaking markets.
We are looking for a 6 month contractor to build a follower and engagement strategy, curate and publish content across platforms, and provide coverage and support during the annual forum in Beijing.
The ideal candidate will coordinate with the marketing and editorial social teams globally to build upon Bloomberg’s existing social networks and assets. Fluency in Mandarin and/or Cantonese is preferred.
If you love social media and its ability to capture a moment, amplify a story, and connect distant geographies, this is the role for you! You’ll have the chance to work both globally and locally—building customized strategies for target audiences (ex: China, emerging economies, C-suite English speaking leaders) that can be deployed at a large scale with maximum impact. Ultimately, this role will help drive the expansion of our brand worldwide.
We’ll trust you to:
- Run Bloomberg New Economy social properties including WeChat, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, & Weibo
- Curate Bloomberg editorial content, write original copy, & publish posts across platforms in English & Chinese languages
- Work with our marketing team to build and execute a plan to grow followers across social platforms globally
- Track & report on performance including impressions, reach, followers, and other engagement metrics
- Review success of campaigns to build effective content
- Coordinate and track any paid plans for maximum engagement & ROI
- Coordinate with our local agency in China to translate & localize appropriate English-language content for Chinese-language markets
- Collaborate with editorial social team and other BLP social account owners to coordinate efforts across account
- Drive social conversation during the annual forum, working with Bloomberg teams, partners & vendors to create maximum amplification of forum coverage across global social platforms
You’ll need to have:
- Proficiency in WeChat, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, & Weibo
- Strong problem solving, strategic and creative thinking, and decision-making ability
- Exceptional multi-tasking skills
- Superior attention to detail and organizational skills
- Experience with technologies and best practices for social media optimization and creative design across multiple platforms
- Experience running Chinese social media accounts for a business or organization
- Experience creating social media campaigns for target audiences or a large media brand
We’d love to see:
- Fluency in Mandarin and/or Cantonese
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
- Experience covering events
Does this sound like you?
Apply here: https://careers.bloomberg.com/job/detail/84875
If we believe you’re a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Social Media Coordinator, Bloomberg New Economy Forum (Contractor)