The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from QuickTake to New Economy.
Bloomberg’s QuickTake is seeking a news-obsessed social editor to lead our evening coverage, manage our core social platforms and execute strategies to reach new audiences and accelerate growth. You will be responsible for identifying daily top stories and trending topics, monitoring breaking news and live events, and developing innovative ways to cover the news using video across our various platforms. You will need to be incredibly in tune with our audience and understand the most effective ways to boost engagement, views and follower growth. A passion for creative visual storytelling is key!
You will help manage daily story selection and production of a variety of news video content across Quicktake’s social platforms (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, Snapchat, etc.). You will have to take a single story and package it in different ways on each platform to ensure optimal performance. You have experience publishing to all major social platforms, as well as the ability to build captivating narratives in places like Instagram stories, TikTok, Instagram/Facebook Live, Twitter moments and in the audio space. You must be a team player and ready to collaborate with a global team of social editors responsible for growing Quicktake’s audience and finding the most engaging ways to promote our content.
We’ll trust you to:
- Manage QuickTake's social media accounts (Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Apple News, Snapchat, TikTok…)
- Oversee our evening editorial coverage across all platforms; providing a final set of eyes on all videos and copy
- Identify, monitor and cover breaking news, live events and top global stories
- Pitch creative story ideas that will resonate with your audience
- Produce and edit engaging video content for each of our social platforms
- Find successful ways to engage directly with our users
- Work with Bloomberg reporters on video reports and explainers
- Train producers and editors in social media best practices
- Brainstorm and execute innovative strategies to grow our audience
- Identify and experiment with emerging platforms, tools and trends
- Establish a trustworthy, informative and consistent voice on the platform.
You’ll need to have:
- 3+ years of proven experience as a social media editor in a digital news environment
- Experience covering breaking news; strong editorial judgement
- Exceptional writing and copy-editing skills
- Video editing experience using Adobe Premiere Pro; a firm grasp of complementary Adobe Creative Cloud software including Photoshop is an asset
- A love for news and a wide knowledge of topics in business, markets, entertainment, politics, and technology
- Experience using social analytics tools to inform strategy and decisions
- Please note: this position will work Monday –Friday from 12-9pm EST
Does this sound like you?
Apply here: https://careers.bloomberg.com/job/detail/89591
Feel free to include a portfolio of your best work samples and social media handles, if any, in your application. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.