The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from QuickTake to New Economy.
Bloomberg’s QuickTake is seeking a news-obsessed social producer with experience in social video creation. You will be responsible for identifying top stories and social trends, monitoring breaking news and live events, and developing innovative ways to cover the news using video across our various platforms. You should be able to quickly identify the most important global stories and edit short-form video content made specifically for each of our platforms. You have experience telling compelling stories in vertical, square and landscape, with a special focus on growing our audience on Instagram. You’ll be producing a wide-range of social content, from raw footage to text-on-screen explainers to gifs and short-form clips.
You’ll need to be incredibly in tune with our audience and understand the most effective ways to boost engagement, views and follower growth. You will be responsible for managing social content production and distribution and should have a deep knowledge of how to write for a social audience. You will be responsible for pitching and executing unique angles on the stories our audience cares about most. The ideal candidate is an expert in social media best practices and has a deep knowledge of what types of stories perform best on each platform. You have the ability to take a single story and package it in different ways on each platform to ensure optimal performance.
We’ll trust you to:
- Manage QuickTake's social media accounts (Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Apple News, Snapchat, TikTok…)
- Produce and edit engaging video content for each platform
- Identify, monitor and cover breaking news, live events and top global stories
- Pitch creative story ideas that will resonate with your audience
- Work with Bloomberg reporters on video reports and explainers
- Train producers and editors in social media best practices
- Brainstorm and execute innovative strategies to grow our audience
- Identify and experiment with emerging platforms, tools and trends
- Establish a trustworthy, informative and consistent voice on the platform
You’ll need to have:
- 2+ year of proven experience as a social media editor in a digital news environment
- Experience growing social media audiences across various platforms, with a focus on Instagram
- Experience covering breaking news; strong editorial judgement
- Exceptional writing and copy-editing skills
- Video editing experience using Adobe Premiere Pro; a firm grasp of complementary Adobe Creative Cloud software including Photoshop is an asset
- A love for news and a wide knowledge of topics in business, markets, entertainment, politics, and technology
- Experience using social analytics tools to inform strategy and decisions
Does this sound like you?
Apply here: https://careers.bloomberg.com/job/detail/89573
Feel free to include a portfolio of your best work samples and social media handles, if any, in your application. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Social News Producer, Bloomberg QuickTake