The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from QuickTake to New Economy.
Bloomberg’s QuickTake is seeking a news-savvy social editor to help grow our Snapchat and YouTube accounts!
As a 6-month contractor, you will run QuickTake's Snapchat by posting 15-20 breaking news clips a day. You should be able to identify breaking content (raws, SOTs, live clips, etc.), cut and edit clips, write social copy and work with Snapchat on standard methodologies to optimize our audience.
You should have an understanding of Snapchat’s audience and how to build high-performing content for the platform, including how to create short-form content in vertical. You will also work closely with our QuickTake social team to post these clips to other platforms, specifically YouTube.
We are looking for a candidate with outstanding judgment and the ability to work in a fast-paced editorial environment by identifying top news and publishing it to our social media platforms.
Please note: this position will work Saturday – Tuesday and/or Tuesday – Friday.
We'll trust you to:
- Manage QuickTake's social media accounts, specifically Snapchat and YouTube by posting 15-20 clips a day
- Come up with innovative ways to grow our Snapchat and YouTube audiences
- Build content around the top stories happening globally
- Produce and edit raws, SOTs and other breaking news content
- Create social-first clips from live feeds
- Work with our video editors and producers to help publish videos optimized for social engagement
- Aggregate and interpret data to better understand what’s performing well and then use that knowledge to inform decisions on each platform
You'll need to have:
- 2-3 years of experience as a social media editor in a digital news environment
- Experience covering breaking news
- Strong editorial judgement
- Outstanding writing skills
- Video editing experience using Adobe Premiere Pro (a firm grasp of complementary Adobe Creative Cloud software including Photoshop is a plus)
- A love for news and a wide knowledge of topics in business, markets, entertainment, politics, and technology
Does this sound like you?
Apply here: https://careers.bloomberg.com/job/detail/86251
If we believe you’re a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.