The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We challenge each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in our communities as around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen!
Bloomberg Digital is looking for a Subscriptions Editor to focus on building user engagement both on and off-platform as it continues to grow its paying subscriber base. This role is based in New York but will work closely with our regional team leads on converting non-paying readers to long term subscribers to support our global subscription business. You will be focused on bringing in new users and getting them to engage with Bloomberg content daily. You will be responsible for retaining existing users by giving them new ways to stay connected to the brand. You will also lead the editorial team’s collaboration with our subscriptions marketing and product teams as we roll out new features and promotional campaigns for subscribers.
We’ll trust you to:
- Work with the wider newsroom to generate content ideas that can connect with readers regularly to drive up engagement and convert readers to paying subscribers
- Manage our newsletter slate editorially, working with various newsroom teams as well as the marketing team to grow the audience at the top of our subscription funnel
- Represent editorial and the upcoming editorial calendar with the subscription marketing and product teams so that we can properly showcase our biggest editorial moments
- Be a partner to product and marketing as they roll out new initiatives and communicate with new and existing subscribers
- Collaborate with the other media platforms of print, events, television and radio to build out our digital subscription portfolio
- Closely track subscriber KPIs and analytics to help make informed recommendations about where to be committing editorial resources
You’ll need to have:
- 3 to 5 years of proven experience working in a news room, preferably with a paywall
- A Bachelor's Degree
- A commitment to the best journalistic practices and impeccable judgment under fire
- Strong collaboration skills
- A strong understanding of media analytics and how to analyze trends and ways to act on them
Does this sound like you?
Apply here: https://careers.bloomberg.com/job/detail/84124
We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in withFacebook Twitter