The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from QuickTake to New Economy.
Bloomberg TV is seeking an Assignment Desk Producer to join its U.S. newsgathering team in New York City. Our newsgathering team supports and provides editorial guidance to the whole newsroom, reacting to breaking news and coordinating coverage across Bloomberg TV’s global network.
The TV Assignment Desk Producer is a high-paced role that requires an individual able to think on their feet, distil information and communicate clearly. You will be familiar with all elements of broadcast storytelling and comfortable producing content such as sound and graphics. The role will also include field production duties giving you responsibility for delivering remote broadcasts from across the region, requiring a keen eye for logistics and an ability to work under pressure.
We’ll trust you to:
- Monitor news events and provide editorial guidance
- Break down complex news story into compelling narratives for broadcast
- Work and thrive under deadline pressure while juggling different priorities
You’ll need to have:
- 3-5 years of newsroom experience
- Experience working with video and other visual elements
- Strong news judgement and a passion for business and finance
- Excellent communication skills
We’d love to see:
- Flexibility with hours and ability to travel as needed
- Field production experience
Does this sound like you?
Apply here: https://careers.bloomberg.com/job/detail/89305
If we believe you’re a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.