Manager, Digital Content (Night Side) - NBC Sports Philadelphia
NBC Sports Group
The Manager, Digital Content will manage a team of NBC Sports Philadelphia’s content producers, ensuring that timely, relevant content is properly published to the website, app and social media accounts. This position will be responsible for assigning content to be published on all digital platforms, oversight on presentation and quality control, and helping define and execute overall editorial strategy. This position is primarily a night-side position and interested candidates should be comfortable working evenings and late nights.
- Manage the night-side operations of the digital desk, with duties including mentoring, skill development and career/performance management
- Develop, implement and maintain an efficient workflow in a fast-paced curated and original content operation
- Find content by monitoring news sources and prioritize by assigning to content producers for production on NBC Sports Philadelphia’s platforms
- Edit content from NBC Sports Philadelphia content producers and team insiders to ensure a consistent and appropriate voice, tone and appearance that speaks with our fans
- Develop and train the digital team on best practices in content production and packaging, headline writing, social media messaging and quality control
- Coordinate with NBC Sports Philadelphia colleagues and the NBC Sports digital team on best practices for the display and distribution of content so all has a consistent "feel," and is engaging, accurate, informative and current
- Work with internal and external distribution partners to maximize NBC Sports Philadelphia digital content reach
- Work with programming and production colleagues to execute editorial strategies and packages
- Develop and manage work schedules and timelines for the digital desk, and implement projects through delegating, overseeing and guiding the work of others
- Regularly identify and work with senior management to develop, implement and enforce new processes, standards and procedures, and research new opportunities for digital content growth in an evolving media landscape
- BA/BS in Communications, Journalism or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of seven years working in digital content production, including two to three years managing a team or unit
- Proven writing and editing skills, with a strong knowledge of AP style and SEO
- Excellent news judgment and ability to think quickly and act appropriately under high pressure with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated mastery of social media tools, including but not limited to Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
- Strong knowledge of Philadelphia teams and general sports, and NBC Sports Philadelphia’s competitive landscape
- Experience with Adobe Analytics, comScore and other analytics tools used to evaluate digital content strongly preferred
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in Philadelphia, PA
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Experience developing employee skills through coaching and training, conducting reviews and managing performance a plus
- Eagerness to teach others quality control and digital content best practices
- Experience overseeing production in fast-paced news environments and implementing content for digital advertising campaigns a plus
- Experience effectively working with corporate accounts preferred.
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS and managing web video editing preferred
NBC Sports RSN - Philadelphia
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.