Our company is committed to being trusted voices of light and truth reaching hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
Who We Are:
At Bonneville International, our purpose is to build up, connect, inform, and celebrate communities and families in the markets we serve. As an integrated media company, we provide content, advertising, and digital marketing solutions across 23 radio stations in Denver, Phoenix, Sacramento, Salt Lake City, San Francisco, and Seattle, along with the NBC Affiliate TV station, KSL-TV 5, in Salt Lake. We are responsible for lifting and inspiring with respect and giving voice to all the communities and clients we serve.
We believe that empowering our employees to share their ideas and experiences will fuel creativity, innovation, and inspiration. A diverse and inclusive workforce is crucial to our ability to create and deliver exceptional content, products, and services that represent our communities. We’re proud of our history and we want talented people to join us as we continue to grow!
To learn more about Bonneville and how our local media matters, visit: https://bonneville.com/
Our people are what makes Bonneville International such an amazing company, and our HR team is integral to our success. We’re looking for an organized, personable and knowledgeable profession to join our team as the Bonneville Bay Area HR Generalist. As HR Generalist, you will be critical to attracting, retaining, and supporting our people operations in the market. You will be a go-to for your expertise in employee engagement, payroll compliance, organizational change, employment law, compensation, benefits administration and more.
All of our HR team members are passionate about their work and help deliver positive change every day. If you get excited about supporting a high-impact team, growing and developing with an organization aimed at making a difference in our communities, and ensuring that all of the details needed to make all of that happen are covered, then this is the role for you!
Note: Work configurations are subject to change based on business needs and at company discretion.
- This position is a hybrid role that requires the employee to work at our Daly City site 3-4 days a week after the initial training period. Specific hybrid schedules will be determined based on business needs and evaluated by managers and senior management.
What You Will Do:
Primary job duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Provide guidance, and counsel to San Francisco market leadership and all managers on matters related to recruiting/onboarding, employee relations, compensation/benefits and HR operations.
- Work with the Bonneville corporate HR team to implement company protocols and give specific support in compensation and job architecture.
- Foster a working relationship with Bonneville San Francisco managers/supervisors to facilitate strategies promoting a working environment that welcomes all Bonneville employees.
- Coach employees and managers on effective problem resolution and steps to take to maintain a positive working environment.
- Help managers/supervisors on interviewing skills to assist them in finding and choosing the best employees in the shortest possible time, reducing hiring errors and reducing turnover.
- Assure FCC EEO and other HR related law compliance for assigned groups.
- Assure Bonneville’s procedures are followed with respect to job openings.
- Oversee, develop and evaluate effective recruitment sources for assigned groups.
- Maintain HR data in Workday (our HRIS), including new hire information, salary changes, terminations, etc. to maintain up-to-date HR records.
- Manage the administration, tracking, and renewal of employment agreements.
- Ensure performance reviews and performance management tools are used effectively for each employee in assigned groups.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues.
- Maintain employee confidence and protect the Company by keeping employee data confidential.
- Interface with union to address routine labor relations questions and ensure proper administration of collective bargaining agreements.
- Manage reception function, act as liaison with building management, and ensure the efficient daily operation of the office functions.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Work in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Maintain a positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management, and clients.
- Participate and support the Company’s policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and Outreach Program.
- Take an active role in supporting the Company’s policy to prevent harassment of any kind within the workplace, at worksites off campus, or at company-sponsored social venues.
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
Skills and Experience We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources, or a related field preferred
- Minimum 2-5 years of prior HR experience, preferably as an HR Generalist
- Experience with compensation and job architecture strongly preferred
- Ability to understand and utilize HR metrics to track and improve key processes
- Union experience preferred, but not required
- Sound business acumen with analytical skills
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
- Manual dexterity and fine motor skills to operate computer keys and general office equipment. Ability to work on a computer for prolonged periods of time.
- Sit and/or stand for extended periods of time.
$80,000 - $115,000 annually; this pay range includes multiple levels of the job family.
Salary to be determined by multiple factors including but not limited to evaluation of the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant along with internal equity and alignment with market data.
What We Offer You: Check Out Our Bonneville Benefits!
Employees at Bonneville can enjoy a broad offering of benefits, including:
- Robust, affordable medical, dental and vision coverage with no wait period for enrollment
- 401(k) with Company match and employer-funded retirement account, both fully vested from day one
- Paid leave for new parents under our Medical Maternity (8 weeks) and Parental Leave (8 weeks) benefits
- Opportunities to apply for tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off for vacation (120 hours accrued per year) and sick leave (80 hours accrued per year) in addition to 12 paid company holidays per year
- Paid time off for volunteering (40 hours per year)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) services
- Access to an entire team of free financial planners
- Matches on contributions to charitable organizations after one year of service
- Continuous growth and development opportunities
- Dynamic team culture that values teamwork, having fun, and collaboration
Bonneville is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. Minority/female/disability PWDNET/veteran are encouraged to apply.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.