Our company is committed to being trusted voices of light and truth reaching hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
Who We Are
At Bonneville International, our purpose is to build up, connect, inform, and celebrate communities and families in the markets we serve. As an integrated media company, we provide content, advertising, and digital marketing solutions across 23 radio stations in Denver, Phoenix, Sacramento, Salt Lake City, San Francisco, and Seattle, along with the NBC Affiliate TV station, KSL-TV 5, in Salt Lake. We are responsible for lifting and inspiring with respect and giving voice to all the communities and clients we serve.
We believe that empowering our employees to share their ideas and experiences will fuel creativity, innovation, and inspiration. A diverse and inclusive workforce is crucial to our ability to create and deliver exceptional content, products, and services that represent our communities. We’re proud of our history and we want talented people to join us as we continue to grow!
To learn more about Bonneville and how our local media matters, visit: https://bonneville.com/
Bonneville San Francisco has an immediate opening for a full time Promotion Director. Candidate must be a creative thinker, highly organized and able to work in a fast-paced, demanding and unpredictable environment with constant deadlines. The right person will be able to maintain the relationship between programming and sales, including coordination of sales promotions and fulfilling client and listener needs in a timely and professional manner for our local stations.
This position is an onsite role that requires the employee to regularly work at our Daly City site.
What You Will Do:
Primary job duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Manage and lead the promotions department staff which will include, but not be limited to recruit, hire, train, and coach staff
- Works directly with the Programming and Sales department to find marketing and revenue generating opportunities for each station.
- Plan, execute and track revenue-generating marketing, promotional events, and contesting that take place on-air, on-line, and on-site as well as implementing all aspects of contesting.
- Works directly with Digital Content teams to support their creation of web, email and social content
- Create client promotions and promotional proposals with Program Director, Marketing Director and Sales Managers
- Working with the legal department in obtaining all documents necessary for promotion implementation
- Responsible for maintaining costs within department budget
- Coordination of major Promotions from inception to completion by working closely with and communicating with Sales Managers, Digital Producer and Program Directors to include scheduling and coordinating execution of on-air contesting, street marketing, and station events.
- Lead promotions administrative functions including managing and updating V-Promo, the promotions calendar, promotions budget, assets and expenses
- Collaborate with multiple departments to create and execute promotions such as remote broadcasts, events, van hits and other street team activities from start to finish
- Responsible for Community Relations and ensuring the proper outside image of all Bonneville San Francisco stations, i.e., appearance of promotion staff, signage, and station presence displayed to the maximum potential with the resources available
- Secure promotional partners for station and client events.
- Works directly with local media and community organizations to create mutually beneficial campaigns.
- Protect the company through strict adherence to signed agreements of all station promotions and events, serving as Legal Liaison to ensure that all corporate legal requirements are met
- Adhere to all FCC rules as well as Bonneville regulations regarding contesting, contest rules, promotional announcement compliance with company policy
Skills and Experience We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, or Communications preferred and/or equivalent experience and training
- 5+ years experience in promotions or marketing
- Ability to learn new technologies and remain on the forefront of digital innovation as it pertains to the broadcast industry.
- Experience leading and managing a team of employees; proven delegation, problem-solving and prioritizing skills.
- Experience in developing and managing a departmental budget.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to initiate and work independently, if necessary, and operate effectively in high-pressure, time-sensitive situations.
- Excellent organization of detail & project completion required.
- Experience with event management, including logistical coordination, and execution.
- Ability to organize, analyze and interpret statistical data and draw conclusions from finding and follow-through
- Proven ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including weekends and evening hours, as necessary
- Must have a valid driver’s license, clean driving record
• Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
• Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination.
• Lift, move, and carry up to 20 pounds on occasion.
• Ability to sit for long periods of time
Additional Job Requirements
• Work in compliance with Company policies and procedures
• Work effectively in a team environment.
• Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor
• Maintain positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management and clients
• Maintain confidentiality by not discussing internal matters, company strategies, client’s proprietary information, personnel matters, wage and salary information or any sensitive information with clients, competitors, listeners, the media or inappropriately with co-workers, and by not distributing our proprietary research or other information to our competitors.
What We Offer You: Check Out Our Bonneville Benefits!
Employees at Bonneville can enjoy a broad offering of benefits, including:
- Robust, affordable medical, dental and vision coverage with no wait period for enrollment
- 401(k) with Company match, fully vested from day one
- Paid leave for new parents under our Medical Maternity and Parental Leave policies
- Opportunities to apply for tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off for vacation and sick leave in addition to paid company holidays
- Paid time off for volunteering
- Employer-funded retirement account, fully vested from day one
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) services
- Access to an entire team of free financial planners
- Matches on contributions to charitable organizations after one year of service
- Continuous growth and development opportunities
- Dynamic team culture that values teamwork, having fun, and collaboration
Bonneville is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. Minority/female/disability PWDNET/veteran are encouraged to apply.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.