Bloomberg NEF (BNEF) is a leading provider of primary research on clean energy, advanced transport, digital industry, innovative materials, and commodities.
With a team of experts spread across six continents, BNEF leverages the world’s most sophisticated data sets to create clear perspectives and in-depth forecasts that frame the financial, economic and policy implications of industry-transforming trends and technologies.
Available online, on mobile and on the Terminal, BNEF is powered by Bloomberg’s global network of 19,000 employees in 176 locations, reporting 5,000 news stories a day. Visit https://about.bnef.com/ or request more information.
To succeed at BNEF we need people who can work in an independent manner and show initiative to develop their own viewpoints, yet be collaborative with colleagues. We don’t rely on the status quo, we look for innovative yet pragmatic thinking that turns big ideas into real insights and impact. Working at BNEF sometimes feels chaotic; we need teams that are both dynamic and structured to generate the unique perspectives our clients really value. Our teams are diverse, creative, focused, and fun!
Bloomberg New Energy Finance (BNEF) is seeking a talented, highly-motivated individual to join our energy research team in New York for 10 weeks. The successful candidate will undertake research and analysis relating to the U.S. solar labor market, and will work alongside our regional solar team.
We will trust you to:
- Conduct research on the U.S. solar labor market
- Gather and organize data sets
- Publish written research on topics covered
- Do quantitative analysis on U.S. solar labor market, understanding the geographic and political distribution of solar jobs in the U.S., and identifying where productivity gains have been made.
- Speak with industry figures and BNEF clients to gather information and opinions
We’ll need you to:
- Have a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) or current senior in undergrad or masters degree program
- Demonstrate an interest and enthusiasm for the energy industry
- Have excellent critical thinking and strong quantitative skills
- Have good communication skills: writing (for research projects) and speaking (for presentations). Written and spoken English must be excellent.
- Act as a self-starter, have a high work-rate and have the ability to work on parallel tasks with attention to detail
- Derive information from public sources and in-person / telephone interviews
- Have working knowledge of Excel and other MS Office applications
We would love you to have:
- An understanding of energy or labor economics
- A background in natural sciences, engineering, economics, or finance
At a minimum, we require that you:
- Are legally authorized to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
- Available to start September/October 1st
Apply here: https://careers.bloomberg.com/job/detail/68451
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.