FX/Rates Strategist - Bloomberg LP (New York)
There’s no better place for investors to express their views about the vagaries of central bank policies or world politics than the $5 trillion-plus foreign exchange market. If you're fascinated by the interaction of major global currencies against each other and with other assets and you can provide perspective around G-10 currencies then we're looking for you to join our U.S. FX/Rates team.
We want someone who has an understanding of spot markets, options and other complex derivatives. If you can provide insight and build stories around currency or interest-rate derivatives, cross-asset volatility, rates swaps and futures, then you might be the perfect fit for us. The right candidate is someone who can tap into a deep network of market sources to understand what's going on at any moment and provide actionable intelligence. They should also be able to place those ideas into a wider context, and work within a team to deliver accessible insights to professional readers from across industries and markets.
We'll rely on you to:
- Tap investors and traders in spot and derivative markets for instant reaction news,
- Explain market activity and analyze trends
- Craft on-the-spot stories that capture "what's happening," "why" and "what does it mean"
- Draw on market intelligence and analysis to build out more in-depth pieces on your own and in conjunction with others
You'll need to have:
- Broad contacts in the spot and derivatives investor and trading community and a deep understanding of futures and other derivatives or FX options markets.
- Experience reporting on these markets and/or in a comparable industry role (strategist/analyst/trader)
- Technical skills and knowledge of the mechanics of FX markets to identify and interpret trends and test your ideas.
- Market-specific knowledge and ability to immediately discern actionable information from breaking news.
- Strong writing skills and ability to make new contacts and develop sources.
- Knowledge of Bloomberg functions is a plus.
If this sounds like you:
-Apply here! If we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. There is some flexibility with position location. We will consider you if you wish to be based in New York or Chicago.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.