There’s never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won’t happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
External Communication execution for GM Brand & Global Connected Services
As part of the GM Brand Communications team, you’ll work collaboratively on a team that's a central hub within Communications, using societal trends and product/technology news moments to move the needle on our corporate brand reputation. You’ll also lead the Communications strategy for Global Connected Services, crafting compelling narratives and develop communications strategies to strengthen business results. You’ll also position General Motors as a leader that is transforming the industry through connectivity and customer-centric solutions. You’ll collaborate with your communications colleagues across the enterprise, as well as partner with the OnStar, Global Connected Services and the infotainment teams. You will partner with news relations team on issues such as privacy and data in relations to GCS technology and lead deal announcements with companies like Google and Amazon, and others in 2020, relating to in-car technology.
- Collaborate across GM Brand Communications team on cohesive corporate reputation strategy considering all stakeholders and audiences, using both owned (GM.com, social media) and earned channels
- Lead integrated communications strategies to support new technology and connectivity partnerships including direct-to-stakeholder engagement and editorial outreach
- Lead issues management is a key part of this job, so media relations skills are critical
- Craft compelling stories to improve GM’s Brand reputation leveraging OnStar, connected services and leadership aligning with GM Brand reputation drivers across key audiences
- Lead development of an effective narrative and engagement strategy which targets relevant forums for influential conversations among mobility and technology thought leaders
- Benchmark competitors and other companies to understand competitive sets and opportunities to differentiate
- Develop executive visibility plans and manage speaking / interview engagements for key members of GM Global Connected Services and OnStar
- Partner with the corporate and vehicle brand Communications colleagues to identify the most meaningful communications opportunities
- Support our fleet sales team for opportunities and events related to connectivity
- Partner with news relations team on issues such as privacy and data in relations to GCS technology
- Lead deals and projects, as needed, and work with external companies like Google and Amazon, and others in 2020, relating to in-car technology
Additional Job Description
- Tech-Smart – Comfortable with technology. Excited and eager for the future of transportation
- Curious – Media relations work involves digging into the issues that are important to our customers
- Creative – Can develop a really compelling story
- Cool Under Pressure – OK with change and ambiguity. Thinks quickly and on-the-fly. Dusts off, gets back up and right back at it. Thrives in a fast-paced environment and can be relied on in a crisis
- Analytical mindset – Ability to leverage data and research to drive decision and prioritization around story telling
- Collaborative – Works well with others across the enterprise and takes diverse perspectives into consideration
- BA in communications or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience
GM Employees Only: Due to current circumstances our posting guidelines for employees have temporarily changed, please review these changes before applying. Link to Internal Posting Guidelines
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.