There’s never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won’t happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
This is a dynamic, fast-paced position with one of the fastest growing global brands in the automotive industry today. In this role, the candidate will assist with planning, developing and implementing strategic plans to promote Cadillac’s Crossover lineup, Cadillac consumer iniatives, like Cadillac Live and other high-priority Product and Brand efforts. This position requires candidates who want to be part of a dynamic team that focuses on strategic planning, creative storytelling, audience based experience development and execution, and media relations. The Assistant Communications Manager will work daily with marketing, engineering, design, communications teams and leadership to drive brand momentum.
Support of Cadillac and Product & Brand Communications including:
- Assist in informing muliti-year strategic communication plan for products, including key product updates, model refreshes and new product launches
- Work across the business to create opportunities and ideas that drive extensive stories with various media including automotive, broadcast, business, social, lifestyle media and influencers
- Develop and maintain relationships with vehicle engineering, marketing, design and communications teams
- Identify and support stories and program opportunities to increase brand exposure to new audiences, including media, influencers, and consumers
- Develop and maintain media print, photographic, video and social media materials
- Manage and fulfill media requests
- Develop speeches, presentations and content for brand activities
Additional Job Description
- Tech-Smart – Comfortable with technology. Excited and eager for the future of transportation
- Curious – Media relations work and consumer behavior understanding involves digging into the issues that are important to our customers
- Creative – Can develop a really compelling story and unique ways to tell product and brand stories to our target audiences
- Cool Under Pressure – OK with change and ambiguity. Thinks quickly and on-the-fly. Dusts off, gets back up and right back at it. Thrives in a fast-paced environment and can be relied on in a crisis
- Analytical mindset – Ability to leverage data and research to drive decision and prioritization around story telling, including strong product knowledge for GM and competitive vehicles
- Collaborative – Works well with others across the enterprise and takes diverse perspectives into consideration
- BA in communications or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience
GM Employees Only: Due to current circumstances our posting guidelines for employees have temporarily changed, please review these changes before applying. Link to Internal Posting Guidelines
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.