The External Communications Manager at Swire Coca-Cola, USA will help showcase the company’s efforts to be a leading growth company that is a valuable and responsible corporate citizen in the communities we serve. You will have the intelligence to understand our rapidly growing business, the expertise to lead external communications programs, and the flair to surface and tell the stories that make us who we are.
Swire Coca-Cola is the bottler and distributor of Coca-Cola and other beverage brands in 13 western states. We have quadrupled in size in the past five years following a refranchising of company-owned bottling operations. The External Communications Manager position is an exciting opportunity to make an impact with smart thinking and big ideas for a fast-growing company with historic and much-loved brands.
As a member of the Public Relations, Government Affairs and Sustainability team, you will use your understanding of external communications practices, stakeholder relations, and culture to ensure our key external stakeholders including media, NGO’s, customers, elected officials and others receive and understand the right messages at the right time and in line with our internal and Coca-Cola system communications.
- Lead the development of an external media strategy that enhances Swire Coca-Cola’s brand and presence with external audiences in conjunction with the Director of Communications and the Vice President of Public Relations, Government Affairs & Sustainability.
- Lead the development of press releases, media advisories and other media and external facing materials. Manage and coordinate all external communications output.
- Establish, nurture and maintain relationships with target journalists.
- Implement social media strategies to grow online supporter base and engagement.
- Perform community management duties on social media channels and other online platforms, such as Yelp, Google Maps, Glassdoor, etc.
- Produce and publish mass communications with email blasts and marketing campaigns.
- Refine core messaging to ensure organizational consistency in all aspects of communication including development, organizing and education. Ensure consistent framing of messages.
- Lead major bi-annual page revamps and monthly routine updates to company website.
- Develop monthly report that demonstrates the progress of the external communications program and provide report to senior leaders in an easy to review and digest format.
- Advocate on behalf of the company brand with external stakeholders and the media across all communications channels and vehicles.
- Work cross-functionally with the commercialization department to support customer and company marketing plans.
- Writing skills: Must have excellent writing skills with demonstrated ability to independently create crisp, effective copy for various audiences. Must have journalistic ability to source stories.
- Speaking skills: Requires strong speaking skills as you are likely to be called on to give presentations to staff and to speak on behalf of the company with external audiences.
- Interpersonal skills: Must have highly personal and engaging approach that ensures these relationships are developed for the benefit of the company.
- Creative skills: Possesses creative ability to devise communication strategies and interesting formats for message delivery.
- Technology skills: Proficiency with Microsoft Office. Experience with Cision, Muck Rack or similar media database.
- Organization skills: Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally across teams and execute communication initiatives from concept to delivery. Demonstrated ability to independently manage multiple projects to deadline with minimal oversight.
- A bachelor’s degree is required. A degree in journalism, communications, public relations or marketing is preferred.
- Seven plus years of public relations or communications experience, either as part of an in-house communications team or in a PR agency or news media setting. Part of this experience MUST be in an external communications role.
- Work experience for a large organization, is preferred.
- General journalistic or marketing experience is beneficial.
- Prior management of complex projects and advising senior leaders is also looked upon favorably.
This position is based in Draper, Utah. Travel within Swire Coca-Cola’s footprint, and occasionally beyond, will be required.
Swire Coca-Cola, USA is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer that participates in the E-Verify program as required by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status or other legally protected characteristics.
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in withFacebook Twitter