The Internal Communications Manager at Swire Coca-Cola, USA will help establish the culture of our company. You will have the intelligence to understand our rapidly growing business, the expertise to lead internal communications programs, and the flair to surface and tell the stories that make us who we are.
Swire Coca-Cola is the bottler and distributor of Coca-Cola and other beverage brands in 13 western states. We have quadrupled in size in the past five years following a refranchising of company-owned bottling operations. The Internal Communications Manager position is an exciting opportunity to make an impact with smart thinking and big ideas for a fast-growing company with historic and much-loved brands.
As a member of the Public Relations, Government Affairs and Sustainability team, you will use your understanding of internal communications practices, stakeholder relations, and culture to ensure our 7,000 employees receive and understand the right messages at the right time while establishing our company as a great place to work.
- In conjunction with the Director of Communications and the Vice President of Public Relations, Government Affairs & Sustainability, establish an internal communications strategy that will create a more informed workforce while engaging the hearts and minds of employees.
- Manage corporate announcements, an internal communications hub, digital signage, support internal events and business resource groups as applicable.
- Ensure organizational initiatives and projects are successfully communicated to employees.
- Plan, edit and write content for a variety of internal communications mediums, such as a staff intranet, quarterly magazine and regular email bulletins.
- Draft messages and speeches for senior executives for presentation to employees in written or spoken formats.
- Ensure internal communications messages are consistent across all mediums and for different departments of the organization.
- Ensure internal communication messages are consistent with external communication messages.
- Respond to feedback from staff and adjust communications content accordingly.
- Writing skills: Excellent writing skills with demonstrated ability to create independently crisp, effective copy for various audiences. Must have journalistic ability to source stories from employees.
- Speaking skills: Requires strong speaking skills as you are likely to be called on to give presentations to staff.
- Interpersonal skills: Need good interpersonal and relationship-building skills in order to work with employees across multiple geographies and at all levels of the company. You also need to possess the confidence to work with senior executives and explain communication techniques to them.
- Creative skills: Possesses creative ability to devise communication strategies and interesting formats for message delivery.
- Organization skills: Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally across teams and execute communication initiatives from concept to delivery. Demonstrated ability to independently manage multiple projects to deadline and with minimal oversight.
- A bachelor’s degree is required. A degree in journalism, communications, public relations or marketing is preferred.
- Seven plus years of public relations or communications experience, either as part of an in-house communications team or in a PR agency setting.
- At least half of this experience MUST be in an internal communications role.
- Work experience for a large organization is preferred.
- General journalistic or marketing experience is beneficial.
- Prior management of complex projects and advising senior leaders is also looked upon favorably.
- Languages: Must be proficient in English. Spanish language proficiency is looked upon favorably.
This position is based in Draper, Utah. Travel within Swire Coca-Cola’s footprint, and occasionally beyond, will be required.
Swire Coca-Cola, USA is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer that participates in the E-Verify program as required by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status or other legally protected characteristics.