Are you an experienced Promotions Writer/Producer who excels at marketing a great news brand? Do you like to write, shoot, edit and produce a wide variety of content for a large range of topics? If so, this position is for you!
KIRO 7 and Cox Media Group is seeking a talented creative who can take the lead on projects that cut through the clutter and drive results.
We’re in search of someone with a positive, can-do attitude, and ambition to learn and grow with a talented and supportive group of producers.
You will be surrounded by a collaborative team that wants to win, and values your expertise, passion, and creativity.
Come experience the incredible beauty of Seattle and the Pacific Northwest, the exciting atmosphere of a winning station and take your career to that next level, with the BEST media company in the country!
What you’ll be doing:
- Write and Produce daily news topicals in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment.
- Write, shoot and produce Investigative Special Report Promos and Proof of Brand (POBs) and Image promos.
- Write, shoot and produce PSA’s, station sponsored events, sales promotions, and syndicated promotions.
- Will assist Client Services in the writing/producing of commercials, and other sales projects when necessary.
- Produce compelling, targeted, and research driven promotion at all times.
- Embrace the use of process language, and sell brand distinction in Topicals, Special Report and Image Promotion.
- Create multi-platform marketing campaigns developing creative for streaming, digital and social channels.
- Act as an integral part of a collaborative team, including the Creative Services Director, Brand Manager, Creative Services Executive Producer and Art Director, to develop and execute the overall graphic design of the News brand.
What experience/education is required?
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in Creative Services or the newsroom at a television station
- Have hands-on experience with a local news product
- Be a creative writer, photographer and video editor
- Experience in graphic design, as it relates to producing compelling/eye-catching promos maximizing effectiveness of graphic elements in the production
- Be able to have flexible hours to meet high volume demands in and out of sweep periods
- Be willing to work extended hours when necessary to meet tight deadlines
- Avid, and or Premiere, After Affects, and Photoshop experience, as well as videography experience
- Prefer experience using iNews and WideOrbit
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Production, Marketing or Broadcast-related field preferred
Effective October 1, 2021, all newly hired CMG employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date. CMG will provide reasonable accommodations as required by law for individuals unable to be vaccinated due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.
Cox Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.