Report and create original articles, videos and photo galleries; gather original content from the local TV station’s newsroom and curate a wide variety of stories from other sources, including blogs, newspapers, online publications and magazines.
Additional General Responsibilities:
- Ensure the voice, tone and mix of content fits with the overall editorial strategy created by NBC Local Media.
- Work with the digital team, as well as producers, editors and content experts at the local TV station, to publish stories onto the website and mobile platforms on a 24/7 schedule.
- Knowledge and experience using Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, and a passion for discovering the latest social tools.
- Experience actively engaging the community and reporting through social media.
- Take direction from the local Managing Editor/Digital VP, as well as senior editors at the national editorial center in New York, and collaborate with content centers in other local markets to share stories and resources across all NBC’s station websites.
- Must be a skilled writer with proven outstanding communication skills.
- Graduate degree or a student currently pursuing an undergraduate degree, preferably in journalism, political science or English.
- 8 hours Saturday and Sunday
- 4 hours Monday
- Experience editing video and creating photo galleries is very desirable
- Must have the desire to work in a creative, demanding, competitive environment.
Contact [email protected] to apply.
Be the first to comment
Sign in withFacebook Twitter