|About Us||NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
With CNBC in the U.S., CNBC in Asia Pacific, CNBC in Europe, Middle East and Africa, CNBC World and CNBC HD, CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to approximately 371 million homes worldwide, including more than 100 million households in the United States and Canada. CNBC also provides daily business updates to 400 million households across China. The network's 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America (weekdays from 4:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC also has a vast portfolio of digital products which deliver real-time financial market news and information across a variety of platforms. These include CNBC.com, the online destination for global business; CNBC PRO, the premium, integrated desktop/mobile service that provides real-time global market data and live access to CNBC global programming; and a suite of CNBC Mobile products including the CNBC Real-Time iPhone and iPad Apps.
|Responsibilities||CNBC Digital is looking to hire a talented writer to develop its coverage under the new NYC-based Make It brand. CNBC's Make It is a fast-growing, consumer-friendly section of CNBC, devoted to aspirational content about entrepreneurship, leadership, careers, and money.
The Writer will be responsible for pitching and creating engaging content that inspires the curious reader. The ideal candidate will have strong reporting skills, as well as a knack for making complex subjects interesting and relatable.
Specific Responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
• Generating story ideas, reporting, writing, and creating digital content.
• Collaborating with the digital video team to create informative and highly engaging videos.
• Helping grow the Make It brand and cultivating an engaged audience.
• Contributing to multi-platform news coverage when needed.
• Using social media to distribute and promote content.
|Qualifications/Requirements||• Previous experience as a writer and/or reporter, including the ability to perform and multi-task under pressure.
• Must be highly motivated, extremely organized, detail-oriented, and possess outstanding communication and coordination skills.
• Proven ability to report and write accurately and clearly in a fast-paced, deadline-driven news environment.
|Desired Characteristics||• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• Experience at large online content destination, such as a major online news site or financial newspaper.
• Passionate about digital storytelling and creating the best user experience online.
• Ongoing knowledge of and interest in the business world and financial news is preferred.