The Director of Client Development reports directly to Greentarget’s co-founder and is responsible for pitching, strategizing and developing new client relationships while supporting and enhancing Greentarget’s processes to support organic growth within existing relationships.
- Identify new prospective clients, deliver compelling presentations and drive revenue growth through a creative and strategic approach.
- Execute a disciplined approach to sales strategy and execution rooted in proven methodologies and approaches.
- Run the new business process from start to closure, including prospecting, pitching and assisting in onboarding new clients.
- Proactively identify, locate, and qualify new business leads.
- Establish & maintain industry contacts leading to specific business opportunities.
- In conjunction with pitch team, develop and deliver powerful, compelling sales presentations to prospects.
- Work with Greentarget’s senior management to help determine winning strategy, team casting, proposal scoping and pitch presentation approach.
- Work with Greentarget’s group directors to identify opportunities for organic growth within existing client relationships in a manner that is consistent with Greentarget’s values and culture.
- Assist Greentarget’s service line leads in meeting their identified growth targets.
- Drive and maintain operational intricacies and fast-moving nature of the process including setting up timelines, tracking the budget, communicating information to the team and managing the workflow.
- Collaborate with Greentarget’s marketing coordinator in conducting background research on prospective clients and agency competitors.
- Assist in creating Greentarget marketing content, including overseeing and driving the firm’s case studies and other supporting materials in close coordination with Greentarget’s marketing coordinator.
- Work closely with staff writers to ensure the Greentarget voice carries through case studies and new business proposals and pitches.
Job Skills and Requirements:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills, with the ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks in time critical situations
- Established client contacts in professional services industry and/or other strategic vertical markets.
- Proven track record and demonstrated ability to be forward thinking, entrepreneurial and innovative, while understanding typical agency processes and technologies.
- Committed to high quality work and to building positive and productive relationships with clients, team members, peers and managers.
- Extremely organized and able to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment
- Self-starter, capable of taking innovative approaches, setting goals and reporting progress against them. Must be skilled in problem solving, critical thinking and decision-making.
- Demonstrated interest in the complex business issues Greentarget’s clients tend to navigate and advise their clients on, particularly in the professional services industry.
- Ability to be versatile and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- A true team player that works collaboratively to see the job through while taking ownership and accountability for their work.
- Proven ability to establish strong internal relationships with colleagues and track record of running successful internal sales training programs.
- Excellent record of consistently meeting deadlines.
- Ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to manage up and seek assistance when appropriate
- Excellent track record of building relationships and handling requests with professionalism and diplomacy
- Highly self-motivated, resourceful and detail-oriented
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5-10 years sales, prospecting and new business development in the Professional Services arena
- Experience within a creative agency environment is preferred
- Computer literacy, including fluency in Word, Excel & PowerPoint