Digital Sales Planner (WLS – Chicago)
WLS is the #1 station in the 3rd largest DMA in the country. The Digital Sales Planner will work alongside the Account Executives and Sales Management to develop Digital Media Plans for advertisers & agencies to include abc7chicago.com & localish.com and OTT apps.
The Digital Sales Planner is responsible for generating and communicating sales proposals for presentation to advertising agencies and/or clients. This position follows through on all aspects of digital sales and campaign management, including developing media plans, completing necessary paperwork, implementing campaigns, and working with the various internal groups to optimize their campaigns to ensure they deliver and bill in full. Digital Sales Planners must be able to become experts on the pre-, mid- and post-sale processes to communicate effectively with various teams across the ABC OTV and DAS organizations. They must build and maintain relationships resulting in superior customer service on each assigned account.
• Create strategic digital plans that maximize digital revenue and meet client objectives. Work in partnership with the Sales teams to develop, price, and prepare multi-platform digital packages that incorporate ABC7chicago.com & OTV properties and, in some cases, ABC Network, ESPN, Freeform, National Geographic and FX.
• Utilize inventory tools to assess site sell-through and forecast future demand accurately to prepare plans that meet the needs of the client within the constraints of site traffic and product availability. Collaborate with the ABC OTV Inventory team to understand current inventory trends.
• Be an educational resource for Sales on what can be sold digitally and make appropriate suggestions to meet client KPIs
• Understand ABC Owned Television sites and products, but also social, native, audience targeting, DAR and reach extension to put together media plans customized to each client.
• Monitor queue and book digital orders in O1 accurately and efficiently.
• Work closely with and communicate directly with client/agency contacts for general account support and campaign assistance.
• Serve as primary liaison between clients and Ad Operations to ensure campaigns launch on time and deliver in full by actively overseeing delivery and revising or optimizing plans as necessary to exceed client expectations.
• Complete necessary paperwork s through internal and external channels
• Update PowerPoint packages and product one sheets as necessary
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in strategic planning (with an agency or publisher) or digital ad sales
• Understanding of the basics of digital advertising with a functional knowledge of digital ad products
• Ability to multi-task, efficiently manage time and prioritize deliverables
• Ability to manage client expectations
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Experience with and knowledge of the terminology and mechanics of the online advertising industry
• Strong Excel and PowerPoint proficiency
• Strong project management and organizational skills
• Exceptional written and verbal communication abilities for internal and external relationship management
• Solutions-oriented customer service focus that emphasizes driving sales
• Self-motivated to work independently while still being an active part of the larger team
• Experience working with Operative One and/Salesforce/ Google Ad Manager-(DFP)
• Digital planning, sales or campaign management experience
• Proficiency with digital ad servers and other digital media tools, such as) Yieldex, Atlas, DCM, Omniture, ComScore
• Experience using Nielsen’s Digital Ad Ratings
• Basic knowledge of TV/digital ad measurement
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with WLS Television, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
WLS Television, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
To apply, please log on to: www.disneycareers.com and search for Requisition ID # 764570BR