Executive Director, Technology Stations
Chicago, IL - US
Job ID 765267BR
Location Chicago, Illinois, United States
Business Media Networks Job
ABC Owned Television Stations (OTVS) Group is comprised of eight television stations, a National Television Sales Rep, and divisional headquarters, as well as digital media business. The group has television stations in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Houston, Raleigh-Durham, and Fresno.
Our local markets and web properties include:
• WABC-TV - New York, 7online.com
• KABC-TV - Los Angeles, abc7.com
• WLS-TV - Chicago, abc7chicago.com
• WPVI-TV - Philadelphia, 6abc.com
• KGO-TV - San Francisco, abc7news.com
• KTRK-TV - Houston, abc13.com
• WTVD-TV - Raleigh-Durham, abc11.com
• KFSN-TV - Fresno, abc30.com
The Executive Director at WLS will oversee the operations and maintenance functions of technical personnel, equipment, infrastructure, and building facilities to ensure a smooth and efficient operation for broadcast, production and NexGen endeavors. This person will also assist the Division Technology team in the development of long-term goals and action plans to ensure smooth implementations of new technologies to meet company-wide goals.
• Operate WLS in compliance with all FCC, OSHA and FAA regulations as well as all company policies and procedures
• Oversee the management and development of WLS technology personnel
• Plan and Execute short and long-term technical projects relating to WLS technical facilities, including remote sites.
• Assist Division Technology in the development of long-term goals and action plans to ensure smooth implementations of new technologies to meet company-wide goals.
• Troubleshoot and repair complex equipment used in daily operation including equipment associated with broadcast operations, network infrastructure, transmission facilities, production control rooms, etc.
• Develop and manage operational budgets and maintain proper documentation.
• Manage the maintenance of building facility in accordance with all local building codes and provide resources to assist building tenants.
• Maintain public safety equipment and standards for building infrastructure.
• Minimum of 8 years of technical management experience working in a broadcast facility
• Proven experience in leading a diverse team of technologists to set and accomplish organizational goals
• Effectively managing complex projects and operational budgets
• Strong IT based skills, networking and IP video streaming and distribution infrastructure, with understanding of SMPTE ST-2110 and SMPTE ST- 2022.
• RF experience is necessary.
• Ability to plan, design, construct, maintain and operate of all aspects of an advanced broadcast studio facility and remote Transmitter sites including a Doppler Radar site
• Able to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment with excellent attention to detail, accuracy and strong organizational skills
• Strong leadership, management and interpersonal skills with the ability to direct and motivate the technical staff and work well with all station departments.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
• Project Management Certification or equivalent a plus.
About Media Networks:
The Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with WLS Television, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.
WLS Television, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in withFacebook Twitter