WLS-TV in Chicago is looking for an Executive Producer to lead all aspects of local news creation and production. This EP will be one of two EPs responsible for content for our afternoon/early evening newscasts, and collaborate closely with our digital team to ensure the latest information is presented on all platforms. A successful candidate will have strong leadership skills, outstanding news judgment, excellent production skills and familiarity with digital and social media platforms. You should also be familiar with the Chicago news market and be able to guide, coach and mentor staff. We’re looking for someone with a creative, team driven and competitive spirit.
What You Will Do
- Oversee editorial content for 4pm & 6pm linear newscasts as well as digital and social platforms. Responsibilities include story selection, story development, production and newsroom management.
- Work with senior news management to design and implement strategies to engage and build audiences across platforms.
- Collaborate with reporters to develop stories.
- Collaborate with and supervise newscast producers and newsroom staff.
- Conflict resolution and team engagement to address any issues that may arise in the newsroom.
Required Qualifications & Skills
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in news production in a major TV market.
- Experience leading a team.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be flexible with working hours and adaptable to change.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communication or related field.
- This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
- Reporting Location – Chicago, IL
To apply, please log on to: https://jobs.disneycareers.com/ and search for Job ID: 10064064 or use the link:
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with WLS Television, Inc., which is part of a business we call ABC Owned TV Stations.
WLS Television, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION FOR EMPLOYMENT APPLICATIONS
The Walt Disney Company and its Affiliated Companies are Equal Employment Opportunity employers and welcome all job seekers including individuals with disabilities and veterans with disabilities. If you have a disability and believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or apply for a position, email [email protected] with your request. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or correspondence. We will only respond to those requests that are related to the accessibility of the online application system due to a disability.