ABC7 Chicago, WLS-TV, is looking for an investigative producer who holds people in powerful positions accountable. Chicago’s top-rated news station has a history of hard-hitting, impactful investigative journalism and is looking to add an investigative producer who will be a leader in innovative and visual storytelling and will be an editorial voice in our investigative unit. The ideal candidate will have knowledge and/or experience in open records, FOIA, data journalism, media law, social and digital production. In addition to investigative pieces, this producer will, from time to time, assist in breaking news, daily news, and special coverage.
- Pitch, develop, write and produce high quality investigative stories for all of ABC7’s platforms
- Contribute to investigative editorial discussions
- Be a resource during breaking news in helping find additional pieces of information as needed
- Research and pitch stories working with the investigative unit, including our investigative producers and reporters
- Work with photographers, editors, and graphic designers to produce high-quality, visual stories
- Work with managers and ABC attorneys to ensure coverage is fair, ethical, and legally defensible
- Develop a network of sources allowing our investigative unit to break stories of significance and add context to breaking news coverage
- Minimum of five years' experience in journalism
- Demonstrated ability to enterprise high impact stories and develop contacts
- An understanding of public records requests and laws
- High journalistic integrity and ethical standards
- Strong writing and storytelling skills
- Data journalism experience
- Bachelor degree in journalism or equivalent
- This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
- Reporting Location – Chicago, IL
To apply, please log on to: https://jobs.disneycareers.com/ and search for Job ID: 10049139 or use the link:
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with WLS Television, Inc., which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
WLS Television, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION FOR EMPLOYMENT APPLICATIONS
The Walt Disney Company and its Affiliated Companies are Equal Employment Opportunity employers and welcome all job seekers including individuals with disabilities and veterans with disabilities. If you have a disability and believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or apply for a position, email [email protected] with your request. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or correspondence. We will only respond to those requests that are related to the accessibility of the online application system due to a disability.