ABC 7 Chicago’s #1 news is looking to hire a Newswriter/Producer to join our team. Do you have the ability to write stories and produce newscasts with emotional and visual impact in a collaborative and innovative newsroom? Candidates must have outstanding news judgment and be able to craft thoughtful, visually compelling stories that meet the high journalistic standards of ABC7 Chicago. ABC 7 is focused on owning big story coverage and serving a diverse audience in the third largest market in the country, and we are looking for people to help us make that happen every day.
- Write and produce for newscasts as assigned
- Edit video, build graphics and booth newscasts
- Work with reporters, editors, directors, and others to shape stories and newscasts
- Minimum of 2 years' experience
- Must be a self-starter, have great news judgment, thrive on breaking news and deadline pressure
- Excellent writer
- Organized, collaborative and good at managing people and resources
- Must have an eye for impact, relevance and moments that connect with viewers
- Effectively use social media to gather and distribute news
- Must be willing to work overnights and weekends
- Knowledge of Dalet, non-linear editing, and Ross XPression
- Bachelor's degree
- This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
- Reporting Location – Chicago, IL
- This position is covered under the Company’s collective bargaining agreement with NABET-CWA.
To apply, please log on to: https://jobs.disneycareers.com/ and search for Job ID: 10063974 or use the link:
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with WLS Television, Inc., which is part of a business we call ABC Owned TV Stations.
WLS Television, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION FOR EMPLOYMENT APPLICATIONS
The Walt Disney Company and its Affiliated Companies are Equal Employment Opportunity employers and welcome all job seekers including individuals with disabilities and veterans with disabilities. If you have a disability and believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or apply for a position, email [email protected] with your request. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or correspondence. We will only respond to those requests that are related to the accessibility of the online application system due to a disability.