WLS Programming Associate Producer
ABC 7 Chicago, WLS Television, an ABC/Disney owned television station and Chicago’s #1 television station is looking for a highly motivated Associate Producer to produce compelling stories and provide support to our local programming team.
The ideal candidate comes with a can-do attitude and the ability to find and craft compelling stories – both short form and long form. We value team-first players who bring value to every aspect of the production process and can help coordinate/execute field shoots and live programming events. We need someone who is efficient, organized, can communicate effectively and can get things done in a face-paced work environment.
This is NOT an entry level position. We need someone who can handle pre-interviews, writing, producing, shooting, editing and is willing to challenge themselves in all areas of the storytelling and production process.
• Coordinate and produce field shoots and live events (both the pre and post-production process), ability to shoot and edit stories as needed.
• Pre-interviews, script writing, graphics coordination, video rights & clearances and logistics for story/event productions.
• Research, pitch and find original Chicago-centric stories with a wide audience appeal.
• Go-between programming department graphics, sales and news departments.
• Proven track record of being a team player with a history of creative problem solving and the ability to bring fresh ideas to the table.
• Minimum of 3 years of field and/or production experience in the television industry
• Must have the proven ability to take a story from concept to completion, including researching, interviewing, producing, writing, shooting and editing.
• Strong editorial judgement
• Tenacity to pitch the stories you believe in
• Experience performing well under pressure
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule. Some weekends will be required.
• Ability to edit using Adobe Premiere preferred
• Adobe suite proficiency preferred
• Ability to shoot video using prosumer and DSLR cameras
• Dalet experience a plus
• Bachelor’s Degree
Candidates should upload a cover letter and resume at www.disneycareers.com.
Requisition ID # 831746BR
Equal Opportunity Employer – Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Reporting Location – Chicago, IL