ABC7/WLS, the ABC Owned Television station in Chicago, IL has an opening for a collaborative Television Director/ Stage Manager who is responsible for directing live broadcast and streaming news programs utilizing automated television production systems. This position also requires extensive knowledge of television audio setup and execution for studio and field productions. The candidate must be willing to work a flexible work schedule that may include early mornings, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Directing live local newscasts and taped special programs using the Ross Overdrive production system
- Directing live and taped special event programs
- Operate and manage sophisticated broadcast equipment, including video switchers, audio consoles, and graphics systems, to produce high-quality television content.
- Work closely with producers, camera operators, audio technicians, and other team members to execute the directorial vision and achieve production goals.
- Contribute creative ideas for enhancing the visual appeal of broadcasts, including camera angles, shot composition, and graphic elements.
- Quickly identify and address technical issues during live broadcasts to minimize downtime and maintain the highest broadcast standards.
- Effectively communicate with on-air talent, production staff, and other stakeholders to ensure a cohesive and polished final product.
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced, dynamic television production environment, especially during breaking news situations.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Strong production background in News broadcasting and Local Programming
- Minimum of 5 years Director/ Technical Director experience
- Must be able to work with News Producers, Program Producers and studio crew personnel in a demanding, automated production environment
- Knowledge of video and audio servers and graphics systems.
- Experience setting up microphones, pre-fades, IFB 's etc. for live studio and field productions
- A self-starter with strong organizational skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience. College Degree in TV Communications or Journalism preferred
- This position is covered under the Company’s collective bargaining agreement with DGA
- This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis
- Reporting Location – Chicago, IL
To apply, please log on to: https://jobs.disneycareers.com/ and search for Job ID: 10069965 or use the link:
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with WLS Television, Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney Television.
WLS Television, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION FOR EMPLOYMENT APPLICATIONS
The Walt Disney Company and its Affiliated Companies are Equal Employment Opportunity employers and welcome all job seekers including individuals with disabilities and veterans with disabilities. If you have a disability and believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or apply for a position, email [email protected] with your request. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or correspondence. We will only respond to those requests that are related to the accessibility of the online application system due to a disability.