CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, the CBS News Streaming Network, CBS News Streaming local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nation’s #1 news program 60 MINUTES, the CBS News Streaming Network, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH O’DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND EVENING NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and podcasts, Paramount +, all digital platforms, and the CBS News Streaming Network, the premier 24/7 anchored streaming news service that is available free to everyone with access to the internet. The CBS News Streaming Network is the destination for breaking news, live events, original reporting and storytelling, and programs from CBS News and Stations’ top anchors and correspondents working locally, nationally and around the globe. CBS News’ streaming services, across national and local, amassed more than 1.01 billion streams in 2021. Launched in November 2014 as CBSN, the CBS News Streaming Network is available on 30 digital platforms and apps, as well as CBSNews.com and Paramount+. The service is available live in 91 countries. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in today’s digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast news division.
Interested in joining the team? The CBS News Streaming Network is seeking a New York-based LINE PRODUCER to join its 24-hour coverage team.
The ideal candidate is proactive, creative and editorially rigorous. They will demonstrate a firm command of journalistic standards, a keen attention to detail, and excellent news gathering and visual storytelling skills. They must also be calm and efficient during breaking news and, while based in New York, serve as a collaborative member of a global news organization.
All applicants will be reviewed and considered for current and near-future openings.
- Work closely with the executive producer & supervising producer in a fast-paced, demanding environment, handling breaking news and news-of-day demands for a 24-hour digital news channel
- Line produce editorial news content, shape show flow and stack elements in the rundown
- Work from the control room to guide shows in and out of breaks and to navigate both live and recorded content, including helping to determine when it will run in future hours
- Partner with assignment desk and booking team to request correspondents and live interview guests
- Order informative graphics and utilize compelling video to create engaging news programs
- Distribute assignments and direct a team of writers, associate producers and digital associates to build original content as well as edit and repurpose content from broadcast and other content partners
- Write teases, headlines, opening package and readers for live programming, including story slugs and lower-third banners
- Generate story ideas for future coverage
- Assign and record swap content for automated software wheel
- Monitor and take newsworthy live events to air in the control room
- Communicate with anchors, correspondents and control room team ahead of and during live shows, exhibiting a calm and professional demeanor in high pressure situations
- Serve as a mentor to junior writers
- Coordinate with sales department to implement accurate ad loads in rundowns
- May also perform the responsibilities of content producers, producers, associate producers and digital associates, as needed
Skills and experience:
- At least five years of experience producing and writing copy for a national broadcast, cable or streaming network, or equivalent local TV news experience in a major market
- Command of AP style and broadcast writing with impeccable grammar and spelling
- Strong communication skills and ability to train and advise associate producers, production assistants and junior staff in writing and editing broadcast copy
- Deep understanding for editorial production, including control room experience, with strong writing and copy editing skills
- Detail oriented with ability to work in fast-paced environment, deal with intense deadlines and continually react to breaking news with factual programming and creative storytelling
- Broad knowledge of top stories driving the news cycle, including political news, and a knack for identifying lesser-known angles that resonate with audiences
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple assignments for regular programming as well as rolling breaking news coverage
- Superior news judgment & critical thinking skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education in journalism or related field
- Fluency using ENPS is a must
- Deep understanding of news standards, rights and clearances and fact-checking practices
- Must pass comprehensive CBS News Digital writing test
- Must be available to work all shifts — early morning, dayside, nights, weekends and holidays — sometimes on short notice or as coverage, scheduling and news events warrant, as this is a 24-hour news organization
- This position is based in New York and requires working in-person at the CBS Broadcast Center
Hiring Salary Range: $87,000.0 - 120,000.0.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to [email protected] Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.
Apply online at: https://careers.paramount.com/CBS%20News/job/New-York-WGA-Line-Producer-NY-10019/1030760600/
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in withFacebook Twitter