Fuse Media is currently seeking a freelance Showrunner for Original Programming. The Showrunner will manage current series for Fuse Media. The ideal candidate is a music culture junkie who lives and breathes the latest trends in fashion, food, technology, influencers, and social advocacy and with an intuitive sense of what will resonate with Fuse’s multicultural millennial audience. This position is based in our Glendale, CA headquarters and reports to the SVP of Original Programming & Development.
THE KEY BITS
- Act as sole Showrunner on multiple series simultaneously.
- Hire and manage support staff and crew on each series.
- Work in conjunction with the Development departments (both internal Linear and the Fuse Digital Content Studio) to transition shows that have been picked up from Development and/or Digital into Linear Current series.
- Provide notes on all creative materials – casting, cuts, outlines and scripts.
- Liaise with the Legal team to ensure all deals are moving forward and closing in a timely manner.
- Liaise with the Production Management team to ensure all concepts are fully realized with appropriate deliverables, budget and calendar support throughout all stages of production.
- Serve as liaison between production and other network departments including publicity, production management, post-production, social and digital, business affairs, etc.
- Create and evolve an onscreen style and aesthetic utilizing Fuse’s Content filter on POV.
- Cultivate unique, compelling and brand-appropriate content.
- Flesh out internal concepts and create materials to pitch up internally; including writing treatments, creating talent lists and beating out formats.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING
Production experience as Showrunner, Executive Producer or Co-Executive Producer
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or an equivalent combination of skills, training and hands-on experience
- Must have a deep knowledge of and passion for music culture and unscripted content
- Must have the ability to identify production staff and talent necessary to develop successful series for Fuse
- Proven record of demonstrated creativity with an ability to translate ideas into high-quality programs
- An independent thinker and idea-generator that is adept at managing a team of the same
- Ability to manage other production staff, build credibility and strong working relationships with other internal partners
- Proactive, deadline and detail-oriented, outstanding judgment and creative abilities, strong verbal and written communication, effective business management skills - organizational, interpersonal, prioritization, motivational
- Available to travel, sometimes with short notice, to location shoots when appropriate