Fuse Media is currently seeking a highly creative and innovative Vice President to oversee development and production of its in-house studio. This position will require someone with an extensive creative background and a deep understanding of long and short form storytelling for both linear and the digital space; including social and branded content efforts. This endlessly creative and curious person will lead a team of content creators to ideate and execute content across all Fuse platforms. The ideal candidate is a music culture junkie that lives and breathes the latest trends in fashion, food, technology, influencers, and social advocacy and with an intuitive sense of what will resonate with Fuse’s multicultural millennial audience. This position is based in our Glendale, CA headquarters and reports to the Chief Content Officer.
- Responsible for creating a steady flow of quality and cost-effective cross platform content ideas and overseeing them to fruition
- Resposible for physically producing the content from field to post and in some instances utilizing outside producers and crew
- Interaction and close coordination with the linear development and current production teams to develop complementary concepts and formats that will pitch and catch between the linear network and YouTube
- Flesh out internal concepts and create materials to pitch up internally; including writing treatments, creating talent lists and beating out formats
- Create and evolve an onscreen style and aesthetic utilizing Fuse’s Content filter on POV.
- Manage a team of developers and producers to meet studio goals
- Liaise with the Production Management and Legal teams to ensure all concepts are fully realized with appropriate deliverables, budget and calendar support throughout all stages of creation
- 10+ years of media experience as content studio executive and/or lead creative producer for a reputable broadcaster or creative agency
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or an equivalent combination of skills, training and hands-on experience
- Must have a deep knowledge of and passion for music, pop culture and original content
- An independent thinker and idea-generator that is adept at managing a team of the same
- Ability to oversee all facets of production: formulating budgets; hiring production companies, directors, DPs, editors, talent, identifying story subjects/locations, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to spearhead large and small crew shoots
- Proactive, deadline and detail-oriented, outstanding judgment and creative abilities, strong verbal and written communication, effective business management skills - organizational, interpersonal, prioritization, motivational
- Ability to work efficiently and seamlessly across multiple projects, platforms and stakeholders
- Show strong leadership in establishing a collaborative, productive and empathetic culture and work environment
- Available to travel, sometimes with short notice, to location shoots and events when appropriate
Please apply online via our careers page here.
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in withFacebook Twitter