Based in our New York City location, Fuse Media is currently seeking a Manager within the Music and Talent Relations Department. This role will lead the talent casting conversation in identifying best ideas for casting and booking celebrities into Fuse series and creative initiatives. It will be charged with identifying key talent, building and managing relationships with, and developing new ideas to grow this talent across all of our platforms. In addition, this role will also serve as a strategic adviser between talent/content creators/influencers and internal departments including content, sales, social, creative, PR and events. The ideal candidate is a pop culture junkie that lives and breathes the latest trends in music, fashion, food, technology, influencers and megastars with an intuitive sense of what will resonate with Fuse’s multicultural millennial audience.
- Research, identify and track celebrity/creator/influencer casting candidates for creative development with a focus on musicians, social media celebrities, YouTube creators, and mainstream actors and athletes
- Responsible for external outreach to talent, negotiate appearance parameters, confirm bookings, and work with their respective external teams to ensure promotional success for activations/launches
- Analyze social footprint and related engagement to prioritize casting process
- Source examples of previous interviews and compile profiles of developing talent personalities
- Contact and pitch appearance talent; negotiate fees and outline requirements; confirm and manage details, timing and logistics; ensure talent arrival, participation and anticipate talent needs during production process
- Upon completion of each appearance follow-up with representatives to inform them of key dates and coordinate promotion agendas
- Close each production cycle by compiling an engagement report recapping participation, production debriefing notes, general feedback and improvements relating to talent appearances
- Facilitate flow of accurate and timely information amongst Marketing, Social, and PR departments relating to talent bookings
- Source and circulate creative materials and details from talent managers for internal use
- Must have a strong passion for, affinity with and connections into the multicultural millennial worlds of music, fashion, food, technology, influencers and superstars.
- 5+ years of experience within an entertainment company that develops content for an 18 to 34 multicultural audience
- Undergraduate Degree in Fine Arts, related field or equivalent professional experience
- Previous experience in the casting process – developing ideas, profiling personalities, matching to creative brief, researching social and analyzing engagement
- Relevant experience across key social media properties including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Snap, Instagram, and others
- Existing client relationships and contacts amongst social creators, personalities and influencers
- Content/Program/Campaign development experience participating within a team that took a concept from ideation to launch.
- Must have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
Please submit an online application via our careers page, here.
Fuse Media is an independently owned multiplatform media company reflecting the wide-ranging tastes and attitudes of the fast-growing, Latino and multicultural 18-34 audience. The company’s media brands include the Fuse and FM linear and video-on-demand (VOD) channels; Fuse.TV online and mobile websites; the Fuse TV mobile and over-the-top (OTT) apps; a podcast network; several branded social media channels; and live events. Fuse network is currently available in approximately 70 million households and FM reaches over 43 million households.