Fuse Media is seeking an entry-level graphic designer to join our Editorial & Social team. This endlessly creative and curious person will work across our Editorial and Social teams to ideate and execute digitally-native graphic content across Fuse platforms. This position reports to the Editorial Director and is based out of our New York office.
● Create original graphic and animated content across a range of digital and social platforms including Fuse.tv, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube. Formats include photos, GIFs, memes & macros, videos.
● Collaborate with the social editorial team to integrate graphics and animated elements into videos.
● Participate in daily Editorial meetings and other brainstorms to ideate timely and topical creative concepts that drive meaningful engagement and contribute to the growth of Fuse’s audience across digital/social.
● Be the in-house expert on design-lead platform trends, best practices and opportunities for innovation.
- Mastery of design and animation programs (After Effects, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc) is mandatory.
- Knowledge of technical standards and best practices across digital and social platforms.
- Passion for and comprehensive knowledge of social media platforms and an intuition for emerging trends.
- Enjoys ideating collaboratively and executing autonomously.
- Comfortable managing tight deadlines while maintaining commitment to excellence and impeccable attention to detail.
- Ability to translate ideas and concepts into visually descriptive, engaging and shareable original content.
- Preference for candidates who have experience producing graphic elements for a television network or entertainment publisher.
- Deep understanding of the Fuse brand and audience is a plus. Passion for music and music culture is a must.
Please submit an online application via our careers page, here.