Based in our New York office, Fuse Media is currently seeking an experienced attorney to join the in-house legal team to provide legal and business affairs support to all of our business groups. A successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the evolving needs of a fast-paced and growth-oriented business, bringing pragmatic solutions, best practices and strategies for managing legal risks. We are looking for a talented attorney with initiative and drive who can effectively partner with business teams and handle a high volume of varied and complex legal work.
* Provide day-to-day business and legal affairs expertise to internal business teams on general legal matters
* Structure, negotiate, and draft development, production and distribution deals, talent agreements, releases, licenses, partnership deals, services agreements, consulting agreements, music licenses, network deals, promotion agreements and option agreements.
* Work closely with our Content Strategy group to review clearance issues; assess risks associated with evolving content distribution models and copyright issues.
* Support the legal team with ongoing and special initiatives, including compliance, process improvement, template development, training's for business teams and use of technologies to increase efficiencies.
* 3-5 years of experience in a law firm or corporate legal department, preferably in media/entertainment; previous in-house experience a plus.
* Law degree with a strong academic performance; admitted to practice and active member of a state bar in New York.
* Knowledge of intellectual property, entertainment and media law.
* Solid background negotiating a wide range of commercial agreements.
* Preferred knowledge of digital, television and/or related industries.
* Exceptionally strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to tailor communication style to diverse audiences.
Fuse Media is an independently owned multi-platform media company reflecting the wide-ranging tastes and attitudes of the fast-growing, Latino and multicultural 18-34 audience. The company’s media brands include the Fuse and FM linear and video-on-demand (VOD) channels; Fuse.TV online and mobile websites; the Fuse TV mobile and over-the-top (OTT) apps; a podcast network; several branded social media channels; and live events. Fuse network is currently available in approximately 70 million households and FM reaches over 43 million households.
To Reflect Today, The World We Want To Create Tomorrow