Fuse Media is looking for a Manager of Development in Los Angeles. The Manager will be responsible for developing ideas for linear and digital from concept through presentation/pilot and the production of short form digital series. Working closely with various departments internally as well as with outside production company partners, he/she will take pitches, create and develop concepts, manage presentation and pilot production, and build and maintain relationships in the creative community. Additionally, the Manager of Development will be responsible for developing companion digital series
* Supporting SVP's and senior executives across projects in development
* Generating internal ideas on a weekly basis for linear and digital
* Fleshing out internal concepts and creating materials to pitch up internally; including writing treatments, creating talent lists and beating out formats for linear and digital series
* Taking concepts from external pitch and working with production companies to shape the concepts for the Fuse brand
* Generate ideas weekly for potential new short form series around music and music culture.
* Pitch ideas and create materials (show decks, storyboards, mood boards etc.) necessary to communicate potential new digital franchises across departments
* Observe viral trends on social platforms to make shareable and relatable content
* Keeping abreast of the production company community – tracking up and coming companies and forming relationships with potential partners
* Participating in weekly meetings to give updates to other departments on upcoming projects, answering questions and communicating their production needs
* Preparing all internal documents for Pre-Greenlight and Greenlight meetings and working with production companies to obtain additional materials including budgets, calendars, greenlight to air schedules, casting documents, creative treatments, etc.
* Liaising with senior staff in all departments internally to prepare and gather feedback on development concepts moving to greenlight
* Minimum 3-5 years of experience in unscripted development
* Must have a deep knowledge of and passion for music, pop culture and unscripted content
* Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills
* Solid negotiation skills and ability to be diplomatic and tactful with all internal and external contacts and clients
* Experience in creating digital content for distribution on a variety of platforms.
* Knowledge of the online video ecosystem
* Native YouTube, Instagram and Facebook user and interest in newer or emerging platforms
* Deep understanding of how to make shareable content for a variety of media
Please submit an online application via our careers page, here.