Consumer Insights and Research Project Manager
Horowitz Research, a leading consumer insights and market research firm, is searching for a Consumer Insights and Research Project Manager. We are well-known for our media industry and multicultural expertise, and we are actively expanding into other verticals including health care, diversity and inclusion, hospitality, and retail.
Our Consumer Insights and Research Project Managers are highly detail-oriented researchers who can contextualize research within the broader business ecosystem to extract key trends and insights. Projects may include: customer satisfaction, usability, program testing and development, marketing/advertising ideation and effectiveness, branding/ positioning, market potential, and pricing and packaging.
- Manage research projects: Oversee the execution of research projects from study design to final reporting and analysis. This includes identifying, engaging, and managing the appropriate research vendors, overseeing testing of programs, developing banner and tab plans, and serving as the main client contact for the duration of the project;
- Questionnaire design and report writing: Writing and reviewing questionnaires and moderator’s guides, developing and reviewing quantitative and qualitative reports;
- Uncover insights and tell stories from the research: Go beyond reporting of data to provide clients with the strategic narratives and actionable insights they need to make business decisions;
- Maintain a high level of client satisfaction: Ensure client needs are met and their questions are answered in a timely fashion.
- 3+ years of experience in market research, with experience in client-facing roles
- Questionnaire development experience
- Knowledge of sampling and the survey fielding process
- Pro-active, must be a team player and be able to work with a wide range of personalities
- A proven track record of managing and prioritizing multiple projects on time and on budget
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to recognize key trends and insights and the ability to explain research findings to non-researchers
- Experience managing and training junior-level staff members
- Organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated and able to meet deadlines a must
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written skills
- High-level proficiency in PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited university (marketing, psychology, or related field preferred)
Not required, but a definite plus:
- Experience in the multicultural space
- Experience in the media industry (cable, networks, advertising, consumer technology)
- Written and verbal fluency in Spanish
We are a small office, so we are looking for someone who is not only the right fit for the position but also the right fit for the office. Though we keep busy, we enjoy spending time with each other when we can and are friends, not just co-workers.
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Our benefits package includes paid medical, life, and disability insurance for employees, FSA and childcare plans, optional vision and dental plans, 401(k) with employer match, work-from-home Fridays, vacation, sick and personal days, and biannual discretionary bonuses.
To apply, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Applicants should also be prepared to submit writing samples and/or previous analytical work upon request.