Location/Market: San Diego, CA
· Responsible for leading editorial process, supervising and scheduling news personnel, coordinating news department activities with other departments, preparing operating and capital budgets, and hiring staff for the news department.
· The duties and responsibilities of this position involve the management of the enterprise in which he or she is employed or of a customarily recognized department or subdivision therein; customarily and regularly directs the work of two or more other employees therein; has the authority to hire or fire and advance, promote or any other change of status of employees; and customarily and regularly exercises discretion and independent judgement.
- MANAGEMENT. Coordinates Local News Operations with VP of News Operations. Supervises / Schedules news personnel. Interviews and hires staff for news department. Coordinates news department activities with other departments.
- QUALITY CONTROL. Leads editorial process. Ensures news content meets standards of good taste and journalistic ethics. Responsible for ratings performance of the markets that this position oversees.
- REPORTING. Prepares operating and capital budgets for department and administers them. Reports to the VP of News Operations and General Manager.
III. POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a Full Time position, Monday through Friday. This position regularly requires long hours and frequent weekend work.
Travel is required.
V. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY
Reports directly to VP of News Operations
VI. REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Leadership. The capacity to attract, persuade, motivate and develop multidisciplinary management through a connected environment. Possess sound News judgment.
Broadcast. Understanding, experience, and exposure to TV and Radio broadcasting. Understanding of how to perform all phases of news operation. Also understands the importance of social media and how it relates to news.
Discipline. Ability to work in a high pressure, fast-paced environment. Strong organizational skills necessary.
3+ news experience. Experience in news management is preferred.
Journalism degree is preferred.
VII. OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Entravision Communications Corporation participates in the E-Verify system operated by the US Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration and will use E-Verify to confirm work eligibility for all new hire employees.
Entravision Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We encourage women and minorities to apply.
Please apply at www.entravision.com