Location/Market: San Diego, CA
Responsible for overseeing all production aspects of the station, including editing of all commercials and promos. The Production Manager creates high quality video production that will help our clients connect with and influence the Hispanic audience. This position requires precision, consistency, creativity and speed. Will need to be able to lift heavy video production equipment. The duties and responsibilities of this position involve the management of the enterprise in which he or she is employed or of a customarily recognized department or subdivision therein; customarily and regularly directs the work of two or more other employees therein; has the authority to hire or fire and advance, promote or any other change of status of employees; and customarily and regularly exercises discretion and independent judgement.
1. Works with all departments and clients.
2. Oversees the technical side of the newscast.
3. Manages the annual budget plan.
4. Manages the operational budget.
5. Shoots commercials.
6. Performs other administrative and budgeting duties as necessary.
1. Ability to Work with Little or No Supervision.
2. Attention to Detail.
3. Strategic Thinking.
4. Strong Communication Skills, both Verbal and Written
Reports directly to SVP
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a Full Time position, Monday through Friday. Actual hours and schedule may vary.
Required Education and Experience
1. High school diploma or GED.
2. Minimum three (3) years’ experience in TV or related environment.
3. Understanding of news and commercial production.
4. Knowledge of both linear and non-linear editing.
5. Ability to use graphic design software.
6. Knowledge of video photography and video acquisition.
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
2. Bilingual Spanish/English preferred.
3. Working knowledge of Beta SP and DVC Pro equipment a plus.
4. Some experience in technical directing and switching a plus.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Entravision Communications Corporation participates in the E-Verify system operated by the US Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration and will use E-Verify to confirm work eligibility for all new hire employees.
Entravision Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We encourage women and minorities to apply.
Please apply at www.entravision.com