Fuse Media is currently seeking an experienced Multi-Platform Creative Director to oversee the Company’s branded content in both audio and video-based projects. This highly visible position will interact with all departments of the organization; understanding and translating department/client needs into creative solutions to advance the network’s branding through clever and captivating promotional content. The ideal candidate is a pop culture junkie that lives and breathes the latest trends in design, advertising and marketing and has an intuitive sense of what will resonate with Fuse’s multicultural millennial audience. This position is based in our Glendale, CA headquarters and reports to the Vice President of Brand Creative.
THE KEY BITS
- Creative oversight of all audio and video-based projects (short-form content, trailers, promos, sales reels, radio ads, and other branded/promotional content.)
- Take the lead in developing ideas, concepts and creative solutions to advance Fuse’s marketing goals and network branding.
- Serve as brand leader, ensuring that all projects fit the Fuse filter and voice.
- Assign projects to Multi-Platform Content Creators and work with the Creative Operations Director to manage workload and timelines.
- Organize creative kick-off conversations for new projects
- Take the lead in steering concepts, refining scripts, and guiding edits.
- Regularly monitor progress and give creative feedback to Multi-Platform Content Creators.
- Communicate timelines/progress effectively with upper management and colleagues in Motion Graphics, Graphic Design, and Creative Operations
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING
- 6+ years of experience in multi-platform content creation, preferably for a TV Network, Film Studio, Digital Studio, Agency or Production Company. Opens in New Window
- Undergraduate degree in related field or an equivalent combination of skills, training and hands-on experience.
- Proven ability to identify stories/creative that will connect with the Fuse audience.
- Deep knowledge of and passion for music and youth culture preferred.
- A solid understanding of digital video and social media platforms including, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Lifecycle production experience, including creating scripts/treatments, producing shoots on location and in studio, and post production.
- Deep understanding of how to make shareable content for a variety of media and platforms.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills both verbal and written and be able to give and receive critical feedback in a small team environment.
- Strong background in conceptual and visual thinking.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a deadline-driven environment of digital video.
- React positively to feedback and notes.
- An encouraging leader, mentor, and creative problem solver.
- Positive attitude a must!
Fuse Media is currently seeking a Manager of Original Programming. The ideal candidate is a music culture junkie who lives and breathes the latest trends in fashion, food, technology, influencers, and social advocacy and with an intuitive sense of what will resonate with Fuse’s multicultural millennial audience. This position is based in our Glendale, CA headquarters and reports to the SVP of Original Programming & Development.
THE KEY BITS
- Support SVP and senior executives across projects in Original Programming
- Serve as liaison between production and other network departments including publicity, production management, post-production, social and digital, business affairs, etc
- Participate in weekly meetings to give updates to other departments on upcoming projects, answering questions and communicating production needs
- Prepare all internal documents for Greenlight meetings and work with production companies to obtain additional materials including budgets, calendars, greenlight to air schedules, casting documents, creative treatments, etc.
- Maintain production documents/reports for the department
- Oversee S&P review of notes from Legal
- Schedule and run point on weekly series meetings
- Work with producers and production company executives to solve creative and production-related issues
- Collect, review and track series calendars from 3rd party partners to ensure on time delivery of all cuts and air masters
- Attend shoots
- Assist in the development and roll out/distribution of short form concepts connected to the linear series, across all platforms
- Review and weigh-in on creative materials: casting, outlines, scripts, style guides and all cuts.
- Build and maintain relationships with producers, directors, agents and production companies
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in production of unscripted content
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or an equivalent combination of skills, training and hands-on experience
- Must have a deep knowledge of and passion for music culture and unscripted content
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills
- Solid negotiation skills and ability to be diplomatic and tactful with all internal and external contacts and clients
- Available to travel, sometimes with short notice, to location shoots when appropriate
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from QuickTake to New Economy.
We are looking for an ambitious, customer-service oriented individual who can manage custom campaigns from start to finish, including large-scale, integrated programs. This position is an individual contributor role where you'll work directly with clients and lead project teams from kick off through completion.
You will be someone who isn’t afraid to work tirelessly to find new, creative ways to help our clients and to unite various teams to achieve these goals. The right candidate will be viewed by our clients as an extension of their own team: someone who truly understands their business and continually adds strategic value.
We’ll trust you to:
-Work cross-functionally with Sales, Strategy, Creative, Media Planning, Finance, Ad Operations, Data Science & Insights, Editorial and Events
-Ensure we are meeting — and exceeding — client expectations
-Build strong, trusting relationships and own communications with clients, agencies and colleagues across different departments
-Collaborate with appropriate teams to identify upsell opportunities and help pitch clients on new engagements
-Manage cross-functional teams to deliver work that is on strategy, time and budget
-Update internal systems with required project updates
-Provide strategic and operational support across the team as needed
-Build a strong working knowledge of the Bloomberg Media ecosystem
You’ll need to have:
-7-10 years experience in an account management, project management or integrated production role at a publishing company or agency
-Experience driving results and growth in line with company objectives and goals
-Proven success launching large-scale, integrated campaigns
-Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills
-Broad understanding of media and marketing trends, as well as their impact on business strategies
-Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with limited guidance
-Positive, can-do attitude, with a desire to learn and grow
Does this sound like you?
Apply here: https://careers.bloomberg.com/job/detail/80693
We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Smarter, Faster, and as always - First. That's our philosophy. Bloomberg Media empowers global business leaders with breaking news, expert opinion and proprietary data distributed on every platform, across every time zone. Like our products and solutions- our teams are agile, dynamic, and innovative.
Bloomberg Media's overall strategy is to be the leading, next-generation media company for global business by crafting a portfolio of digitally led, multi-platform brands that broaden Bloomberg's core audience beyond its traditional finance roots, towards global business.
Bloomberg Digital (Bloomberg.com, Bloomberg News App) is at the centerpiece of that strategy - providing informative, credible, authoritative, lightning-fast journalism for a global business audience. In May 2018, we launched a paywall on both Bloomberg.com and the app and are quickly working to build a growing paid subscriber base. A key focus area for 2020 is to continue our incredible growth in acquiring and retaining subscribers.
The Consumer Subscription Business, within Bloomberg Media group, is seeking a proven, highly-motivated marketer to develop and execute innovative strategies to drive customer engagement and retention for the subscription business using email, our website and third party marketing channels. You will be responsible for developing new marketing strategies across owned and partner channels that increase dedication, drive engagement and ultimately greater LTV. You will work closely with external vendors and internal partners to build thoughtful and effective marketing programs to meet our bold business goals.
We'll trust you to:
-Create and execute thoughtful strategies, communication plans and campaigns to drive subscription engagement and retention
-Develop test and learn plans across channels to ensure execution of brand and financial goals.
-Run and maintain email marketing programs to drive customer retention; test creative, content, copy and frequency.
-Build subscriber segmentations and user profiles to drive effective marketing.
-Collaborate with customer support team, product and engineering to improve onsite customer experience.
-Manage subscriber benefits and create and execute strategies for additional partnerships or offerings to drive retention
-Develop clear and insightful reporting; strategically communicate results and recommendations to leadership.
You'll need to have:
-5+ years of experience in a digital marketing role.
-Prior retention marketing experience, particularly utilizing the email channel
-Experience building, managing, optimizing, reporting and analyzing marketing campaigns.
-Strong analytical and quantitative skills with a demonstrated ability to interpret and use data to drive decision making
-Tight-knit collaboration and influencing skills, with the ability to successfully partner with multiple stakeholders
-An entrepreneurial mind-set and flexible teammate
-CRM experience not required but is a plus
If this sounds like you:
Apply here: https://careers.bloomberg.com/job/detail/80627
We’ll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The Director, Corporate Engagement is responsible for leading WNET’s interactions with the corporate sector to leverage and expand these corporate relationships in order to proactively identify opportunities to grow revenue on both the national and local levels across WNET’s family of stations. The Director, Corporate Engagement will lead a team tasked with developing WNET’s corporate fundraising strategy, in collaboration with senior leadership, to grow corporate revenue for both current and proposed programming initiatives.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Develop and oversee a strategic and holistic program (underwriting/sponsorship and gifts/grants) designed to identify and pursue innovative strategies and approaches to increase corporate engagement to grow revenue in support of WNET’s programs, both locally and nationally;
• Identify key corporate prospects and build an actionable pipeline for future support; Leverage extensive network contacts and relationships in a way that creates a competitive advantage for WNET as well as identifies and maximizes opportunities to build relationships in the community;
• Identify key corporate foundation prospects and collaborate with Institutional Giving team on approach to optimize funding
• Develop mutually beneficial, revenue generating partnership opportunities (through unrestricted, restricted and in-kind support) with companies who have philanthropic/marketing goals with which we can align;
• Develop and implement short and long range, targeted growth strategies that significantly increases revenue from the corporate sector;
• Serve as key resource for all corporate partners, prospects and contacts, establishing and maintaining long term relationships for the purpose of ongoing cultivation, solicitation and stewardship;
• Work closely with legal, finance, production and communications teams to negotiate all terms of agreement for partnerships, sponsorships, funders and multiyear collaborations;
• Monitor and advise on trends and initiatives in corporate sponsorship, social responsibility, underwriting, corporate foundation guidelines and new regional or national funding programs;
• Create presentations/proposals and other fundraising materials that reflect the unique, competitive and compelling nature of WNET’s assets and offerings;
• Additional duties, as assigned.
The Director, Corporate Engagement position requires an experienced and motivated fundraising professional with a portfolio of contacts in the corporate sector who is comfortable interacting with corporate executives at all levels and able to work independently and as part of a team to reach individual, departmental and organizational goals. Additional qualifications:
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in corporate relations;
• Experience leading, managing and developing a team;
• Exceptional track record of strategic relationship management and revenue generation;
• Ability to identify donors and cultivate relationships leading to substantial commitments;
• Knowledge of NYC, national philanthropic, social and business communities;
• Proven success tapping new sources of philanthropy and partnerships;
• Experience working effectively with trustees and other high-profile leaders;
• Exceptional communicator; able to articulate the case for support to a wide array of audiences.
• Candidates with experience in working within a database/CRM system are preferred.
Apply online at WNET Careers.
WNET New York Public Media
825 Eighth Avenue
New York, NY 10019-7435
WNET is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, religion, creed, color, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy or pregnancy related condition, marital and partnership status, familial status, arrest or conviction record, union membership, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offense, unemployment status, caregiver status, credit history, salary history, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, an employee's or an employee's dependent's sexual and reproductive health decisions, as well as all other classifications protected by applicable laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, promotions, benefits, leaves of absence.
If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Come help us build support for local news as a public good in Colorado!
Status: Full-Time with benefits or contract through December 2020, with possible extension
Location: Denver, Colorado
The mission of the Colorado Media Project is to meet the information needs of Coloradans by working to strengthen Colorado’s diverse local news ecosystem. We develop partnerships and programs designed to strengthen local newsroom capacity, increase collaboration, and engage community in the journalism that strengthens our democracy. CMP is a community-led, grant-funded organization operating under fiscal sponsorship of the Rose Community Foundation.
The project manager serves as a central source of administration and coordination for a lean and nimble organization, and plays a pivotal role in the CMP’s interaction with a wide range of constituents. The project manager also provides support for CMP’s two major areas of focus in 2020:
Engaging More Coloradans in the Future of Local News and Civic Participation; and
Planning and launch of COLab, a shared newsroom to be housed in Rocky Mountain Public Media’s new building in downtown Denver, which will serve as a collaborative hub.
The project manager will implement organizational and development strategy. In its early stages, the project manager will be responsible for designing, implementing, improving, and documenting operational systems, in CMP’s new fiscal home at Rose Community Foundation. The project manager will also manage CMP communications, including website, newsletter, social media presence and other elements, and will be the point person for event and meeting planning.
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS AND ATTRIBUTES
The ideal candidate will be highly organized, systems-minded and process-oriented, while also understanding the impact and importance of this work for the communities we serve. A successful candidate will take pride in developing and maintaining policies and practices that are efficient, accurate, effective, equitable, inclusive, transparent, and responsive.
A team player, the project manager will be collaborative, open, and creative in solving problems. They will have strong interpersonal and project management skills. The project manager must be self directed, and comfortable with working independently in a young and growing organization. Journalism experience is not a requirement, but the ideal candidate will have strong written and verbal communications skills, and a belief in local news as a public good that plays an important role in strengthening communities.
Oversee and manage administrative and operational systems: contracting, communications, vendor relationships, and other needs for day-to-day functioning of the project.
Monitor budget and assist with fundraising and income projections.
Assist CMP executive committee in organizational and fundraising development and strategy.
Assist CMP and its partners in seeking funding and resources that support the Colorado local news ecosystem, including development and submission of project and funding proposals and grant reports.
Manage organizational communications, including newsletter, website, social media, as well as development of materials for events, meetings, reports, and other organizational products.
Create materials for regular meetings and communications with executive committee, local advisory committee, and national advisors.
Lead event planning, including event management, outreach strategy, and collecting post-event feedback.
This person reports to the project director.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
5-7 years of professional experience in communications, grants management, and/or other related or relevant work.
Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritize, follow through, and track multiple projects under deadlines.
Tech-savvy -- knowledge of various platforms and systems for websites, surveys, and other basic organizational work is a plus, but most importantly must be able to learn new systems quickly.
Ability to work collaboratively and independently.
Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly in meetings, in correspondence, and through formal work products.
Grasps new concepts and masters new skills, systems, and processes quickly.
Comfortable working with people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and cultures.
An understanding of diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) principles and practices and a commitment to incorporating them into internal and external work.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION
The Colorado Media Project is committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in our staff, volunteers, programs, and partners. We encourage applicants of diverse abilities, backgrounds, and life experiences to apply. CMP also is committed to equal employment opportunities and prohibits the unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, sex, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
SALARY & BENEFITS
This full-time, position’s starting salary range is $60,000 to $70,000, commensurate with sector benchmarks. Through its fiscal sponsor, Rose Community Foundation, CMP offers a competitive benefits package including employer-supported health, dental, vision, and life insurance; short- and long-term disability coverage, a 403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off including holidays, and professional development opportunities. Candidates preferring a full-time contract position are also welcome to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to Melissa Davis, Vice President for Informed Communities, at email@example.com with the subject line “Colorado Media Project Manager.” Applications received on or before Wednesday, January 15, 2020, will receive priority review.
If you’re an organized, efficient person who enjoys a busy environment and believes journalism is essential to our society, you might be the perfect Office and Studio Manager for CalMatters.
We’re a nonpartisan, nonprofit newsroom covering California issues like environmental regulation, education, health care, economic inequality and elections. For our new Sacramento headquarters we need someone who can keep the place running smoothly and handle our audio, video and events spaces.
Your role would include these responsibilities:
- Scheduling and setting up meeting spaces and studios.
- Coordination and hospitality for guest speakers, visitors and staff meetings.
- Managing the kitchen, office supplies, display screens and front desk.
- Handling relationships with vendors who provide Internet, security and janitorial service.
- Light IT and audiovisual support for staff and events.
- Data entry and other work to support our fundraising and financial operations.
The role includes moderate physical work, such as setting up chairs and tables, and occasional evening support for events.
If you’re a great fit for this role, you’ll have a bachelor’s degree, a year or more of experience in this kind of role, and perhaps coursework or experience demonstrating a passion for journalism.
We’re also looking for these attributes:
• Excellent verbal, presentation, research and writing skills
• Sound time-management practices
• A high degree of professionalism with internal and external audiences
• Ability to organize materials, pay attention to details, and meet deadlines
• Ability to manage multiple tasks while working independently
• A positive, team-oriented approach
• A strong sense of urgency and commitment to get the job done quickly and with high quality
• Proficiency with personal computers, Microsoft and Google software, Salesforce or similar databases, and audio and video equipment.
We value diversity and encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ+ people, and people with disabilities. Our excellent compensation program includes competitive salaries, great healthcare and a 401(k) match.
If you are interested, please email a resume and a cover letter explaining why you’re a great fit to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application is due by Friday, January 17.
Diversity & Inclusion/Giving & Outreach Intern - Summer 2020
Pixar is offering this exciting internship program intended to give a student valuable “hands on” experience and exposure to our unique environment. This is an excellent opportunity for students to learn from working professionals and gain first-hand experience in our Inclusion Strategies and Giving & Outreach areas.
- Updating and enhancing our internal Wiki (employee communication tool).
- Researching and compiling data, tools, articles, and programs that support implementation of our inclusion and diversity related strategies.
- Performing data analysis and compiling information from multiple sources as part of the development of our Diversity & Inclusion dashboard.
- Interfacing with our Studio (Employee) Resource Groups to coordinate support for their activities on behalf of our Inclusion Strategies and Giving and Outreach areas.
- Assist in the development of presentations and other communications, as needed.
- Planning benefit screenings and external visits supporting Outreach initiatives.
- Organizing and tracking swag for in-kind donation program.
- Following up with internal and external requests for support and giving opportunities.
- Coordinating volunteer opportunities with external organizations and internal volunteers.
- Additional activities related to our efforts to drive greater diversity, inclusion and belonging throughout the Studio.
- Strong interest in, and passion for, corporate social responsibility and the development of more diverse and inclusive organizations.
- Strong analytical skills with experience compiling and presenting complex data in easy to understand form.
- Highly organized and detailed oriented.
- Proven ability to multi-task effectively and complete work quickly and efficiently.
- Highly motivated with the demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel and PowerPoint (or Keynote).
- Knowledge of database, web authoring, graphics editing software.
- Ability to learn new programs quickly is a must (Mac experience preferred).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Completion of sophomore or junior year in a program leading to a degree in HR, Organizational Behavior, Diversity & Inclusion or directly related field. If you have already graduated but are within the first year since your graduation at the start of the internship, you are also eligible to apply.
- Must be available to work full-time Mon - Fri for 12-weeks between May 2020 – Sept 2020.
Submission Process and Application Materials:
- Apply online at pixar.com -- no submissions are accepted via mail or in person.
- Attach a single PDF file with the following:
- Cover Letter: understanding that 12 weeks is a short period, tell us what value you can add to the Pixar team during your short stint in the Inclusion Strategies and Giving & Outreach areas.
- Course Details: what classes or programs have you completed in the areas of Diversity, Inclusion, Corporate Social Responsibility and Human Resources.
- Personal Statement: please provide a short personal statement (200 words or less) describing what’s drawn you to a career in these areas?
- Due to the large number of submissions, we are unable to respond to requests for updates. You will receive notification of our receipt of your application and when the hiring process is completed.
- Apply directly at Diversity & Inclusion/Giving & Outreach Internship
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Sunday, February 9, 2020.