Location: Rochester, New York
Posting Date: March 8, 2016
Posting Time Frame: 20 Business Days
Position Summary: WROC-TV8, a CBS affiliate, is looking for an experienced News Anchor/Reporter. This individual will present news stories and other content for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging, and meaningful to news consumers. Collects, analyzes, and presents facts about newsworthy events by interview, investigation, or observation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Presents news stories and other content for all platforms.
• Ensures that all news content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
• Researches and analyzes background information related to news stories to provide complete and accurate information.
• Gathers information via research, interviews, and experience; attends political, news, sports, social, and other functions.
• Responds to breaking news and other urgent newsroom situations as required.
• Pitches stories to News Managers and Producers, which are relevant to the local community.
• Receives assignments and evaluates leads and tips to develop story ideas.
• Participates in promotional activities including public appearances.
• Writes content for the website and other digital platforms; edits video clips as assigned.
• Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites.
• Ensures station compliance with rules and regulations applicable to FCC, local, state, and federal laws.
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
The following represent brief/broad descriptions. It is not intended, nor should it be construed to represent a comprehensive and/or exclusive description of all duties/responsibilities and requites skills associated with the position.
Sr. Web Producer
Must know and perform (as needed) all of the Web Producers’ duties. Responsible for all aspects of the station’s web sites, including but not limited to:
Generation and maintenance of news content
Production of text, photos and videos, streaming of newscasts and live news events
Monitoring the web site for quality control purposes
Production of special sections including news, advertising and special interest content
• Supervises the team of Web Producers, including the delegation of work assignments, scheduling and performance evaluations
• Works with the Web Sales Manager to generate and maintain sponsored online content, works with National Sales and Editorial team to manage all production/quality aspects of the station’s web site
• Conceptualizes and produces high profile creative online material
• Facilitates the editorial gathering of compelling web material using information from various sources and contacts
• Works with newsroom editorial managers to integrate broadcast and online newsgathering to facilitate the delivery of content using new distribution platforms
• Ensures websites are coded to standards consistent with web style
• Advanced knowledge of internet publishing and graphic design software and content management systems
• Ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities simultaneously in a strict deadline-oriented environment
• Ability to work under pressure as a cohesive member of a team
• Interface with Editorial managers and supervisors from the Broadcasting side of newsroom to create a cohesive working atmosphere, managing the delivery of content using new distribution platforms
• Work effectively and courteously with all other departments.
• Must be creative, concise, and attentive to detail, be able to handle deadline pressure, take direction from producers and adapt quickly to emerging Web technologies and social media.
• Other duties as assigned by the Assistant News Director and/or the News Director.
• Occasionally sets up, adjusts, controls, tests and operates station equipment to meet position requirements
• Constantly uses verbal, audible, and visual abilities to perform essential functions. Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus
• Regularly receives and distributes information and instruction, via telephone, e-mail and memo, to station personnel or outside organizations
• Regularly moves throughout the station and the department to coordinate work requirements
• Sits for extended period of time in order to accomplish essential duties
• Regularly operates PC to complete required graphics, reports and documentation. Requires fine motor skills
• Work varied hours, holidays and weekends, as required
• Attend and participate in any company training seminars, meetings or other attendance required events
• Comply with all Station and Department policies, procedures and guidelines
Job Number: 18-16
Job Title: Marketing/Promotion Assistant
Company: KSTP-FM, Advertising/Promotion
Schedule: 40 hours per week; available to work weekends, evenings, and holidays
Status: Full Time, Hourly
Enthusiastic self starter with strong customer service skills; detail oriented, outgoing, creative and highly organized. Ability to work autonomously as well as a contributing team member.
College degree plus experience in marketing and/or communications preferred
Knowledgeable of KS95
Must have reliable transportation, valid driver's license, and a clean driving record as determined by the Company (driving record will be checked).
Previous leadership experience desired.
Ability to report to work on time and offer flexibility with schedule/hours determined; availability to work weekends and holidays to complete a project, event, or task.
If you are a vibrant, progressive, creative Recruiter who can hang with highly creative and vocal people, thrive in a demanding environment, add value, cultivate solutions, roll with changing priorities while remaining organized and on top of details, and still love your job at the end of the day, we want to hear from you.
The Recruitment Manager is a key member of the HR team whose primary focus is to develop and implement effective recruitment strategies to attract, screen, and hire highly qualified candidates for New York Public Radio. The Recruitment Manager will also work to build a strong talent pipeline, working closely with hiring managers to develop and execute innovative sourcing strategies aimed at generating candidate flow to meet overall recruiting goals.
- Partner with hiring managers and leadership team to develop and facilitate the execution of short and long-term staffing strategies for respective business units
- Provide thought leadership for and execute NYPR’s staffing and policies, processes and practices
- Manage the entire recruiting process, including intake sessions, drafting and posting jobs, proactive sourcing, pre-screening, candidate assessment, soliciting feedback, communication to candidates, closing and offer acceptance
- Continuously analyze and improve recruitment processes for measurable results
- Create and execute a targeted diversity sourcing strategy and develop and nurture relationships with a wide group of organizations and candidates
- Act as liaison with hiring managers throughout recruitment, ensuring up-to-date status reports, and that recruitment procedures are in compliance (e.g., compliant and legal interviewing procedures)
- Preparation of headcount and FCC/EEO reports
- Oversee best in class organization-wide intern program running three times a year
- Utilize metrics to drive decisions and solutions as it relates to hiring across the organization
For consideration, apply to this position by sending your cover letter and resume to [email protected]
The NBC Ad Sales group is looking to identify outstanding aspiring Advertising Sales talent who bring diverse backgrounds to the Ad Sale Organization to participate in a 1-year rotational program.
- Ad Sales Associates gain real-world experience honing research skills, media buying skills, presentation skills, networking, negotiating, client development, marketing and Ad Sale/ Media industry awareness.
- Each Ad Sales Associate is assigned a mentor who is an experience staff member. Ad Sales Associates participate in a formal orientation and systems training. Throughout the year, Ad Sales Associates have monthly meetings with supervisors, and ongoing discussions on career paths/opportunities at NBC Ad Sales as well as participating in Early Career training programs and Executive Roundtable lunches.
- Associate rotate throughout Ad Sales, working in multiple rotations. Assignment include:
- Live Programming Sales-News Sports
- Entertainment Sales
- Lifestyle Sales
- Client Solutions ( Ad Sales Marketing)
- Digital Sales Operations
- Ad Sales Research/Insight
JOB TITLE: KUPD Promotion Assistant
COMPANY: Hubbard Radio Phoenix, Advertising/Promotion
SCHEDULE:Must be available all days of the week including weekends and evenings
STATUS: Part Time, Hourly
Strong marketing/promotional background-as either educational focus, or equivalent experience.
Possess strong written and verbal skills.
Must have excellent organizational skills with multi-task capabilities.
Must work in a cooperative manner; interacting effectively with all station personnel, clients, outside vendors and listeners.
Strong knowledge of the music, lifestyle, and the air staff.
Project an appropriate company image with respect to dress and demeanor.
Must work independently, if necessary, & operate effectively in high-pressure, time-critical situations.
Be able to work 15-20 hours/per week including week nights and weekends, in order to attend & execute station events & promotional activities.
Must possess valid Arizona Driver's License and a demonstrated good driving record, for operation of KUPD vehicles. Willing to sign & fully support the KUPD’s Vehicle Operating Agreement.
A previous working relationship with media contacts, public relation firms and/or special events background, a plus.
Web/Social Media background and/or some knowledge of Database/Marketing software.
Must be willing to work in a smoke-free environment.
Willing to fully support company's mission and core values.
JOB TITLE: Midday On Air Personality
COMPANY: WARH, Administration
SCHEDULE: M-F Middays 9a-2p
STATUS: Full Time, Salaried
Adult Hits 106-5 The Arch (WARH) is accepting resumes and audio demos for Middays (M-F 9a-2p) at Hubbard Radio-St. Louis, MO. The Arch prides ourselves on the emphasis of 'live and local'; featuring personalities, not 'Jocks'. We're a unique station that promises 'You never know what you'll hear next' along with 'No repeats. All day. Every day. Minimum one year of live, on-air commercial radio experience along with production skills and a charismatic presence both on-air and at appearances.
Ability to establish listener motivation and loyalty in the target demographic.
Ability to conduct on-air interview and interact with callers.
Good conversationalist, well-read, knowledgeable and articulate in dealing with current affairs;
Ability to enunciate clearly and interpret and read copy fluently.
Ability to operate all mechanical functions of preparing and delivering an on-air performance, including the recording, editing and playback of listener telephone calls; the preparation of recorded "bits" and other show elements; the operation of the control room console and studio equipment.
Ability to write and create commercial production and voiceovers
Possess thorough knowledge and understanding of FCC rules and regulations which pertain to announcers, particularly but not limited to Sections 315, 217 and 508.
Ability and willingness to be coached and directed by Program Director, Assistant Program Director or Consultant.
Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
Ability to work in compliance with company policies and procedures.
Ability to function in a team environment.
Ability to work established schedule and other hours as needed.
JOB TITLE: Associate Producer/Producer
COMPANY: WNYT/WNYA, News/Weather/Sports
SCHEDULE: Sunday - Saturday
STATUS: Part Time, Hourly
Some experience producing a local television newscast is preferred. Must demonstrate organizational and news writing skills. Must be able to make good decisions quickly; able to articulate choices, and communicate those choices to other news department employees. Must be able to add and subtract time. Must have good writing skills, including grammar and spelling. Must possess a four year college degree. Preference will be shown for applicants who have experience using ENPS and EDIUS. Must have a valid driver's license and safe driving history as determined by the Company. Driving record will be checked.
JOB TITLE: WSHE On-Air Talent (PT)
COMPANY: Hubbard Radio Chicago, Programming
SCHEDULE: Part-time weekends & swing shifts
STATUS: Part Time, Hourly
Youthful sounding, yet professional on-air delivery. Announcers may prepare & deliver weather, newscasts, sports, commercial and public service material.
Willing to work various time schedules which may include weekends and holidays.
Be familiar and conversant with FCC/NAB logging and on-air standard operating procedures. Exemplary production skills required.
Must project desired company image, with respect to dress & demeanor.
Must be willing and able to support company mission and core values
Minimum of 3 years commercial, on-air experience, preferably in a major market
Knowledge of Chicago market, a plus.
AudioVault and Voxpro knowledge helpful.
JOB TITLE: Twin Cities Live Photographer Intern-Summer 2016
COMPANY: KSTP-TV, Twin Cities Live
STATUS: Part Time Temporary, Hourly
Current junior or senior in college pursing a career in broadcasting, media, and or news. To be considered, must have recommendation of college advisor and provide verification of academic credit for the internship
Previous experience or internship in a television setting preferred.
Ability to read, write and speak English well. Excellent verbal communication skills.
Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines. Highly organized and detail oriented individual that can handle multiple tasks, prioritize and manage time-sensitive material.
Must be flexible and able to deal with unexpected changes calmly and quickly.
Follows directions well.
Ability to establish and maintain good relationships with a variety of individuals.
Proficient with computers. Understands or can learn news editing skills.
Must possess valid driver’s license and clean driving record as determined by the Company. (Driving record will be checked)