The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard and we work fast, moving markets and chronicling the rise and fall of the people who make them. We are known for our quality, accuracy, and ability to deliver news and data investors can use. It's what keeps us inventing and re-inventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from Tic Toc to New Economy Forum to transforming our Commercial model.
We have expanded our commercial business beyond media advertising sales to offer a full range of agency services from strategy to creative, content, communications and in-market activations. We are looking for an ambitious, customer-service oriented individual who can help build the Account Management department, including client and project management across media and agency services.
The Account Manager's role is to direct the client work from sale to execution and optimization. As the primary client partner post-sale, you will work with the client and the internal team to ensure we are meeting the client’s needs and expectations, and delivering work that is on strategy, time and budget. To be successful, you will need to orchestrate our diverse talent and capabilities to achieve extraordinary work.
Building a high performance team will be essential for success. You will develop the talent on the team, and further define the role within the context of our organization. As this is a new role, you will build the processes and documents for effective and efficient work delivery. You will report directly to the Head of Commercial Operations and Marketing Services for Bloomberg Media Group
We’ll trust you to:
-Work cross-functionally with Sales, Research and Insights, Media Planning, Strategy, Creative, Ad Operations, Event and Editorial, and Events
-Ensure client success: Serve as internal advocate for the client
-Define roles, responsibilities, priorities, and timelines with cross-functional team on behalf of client
-Manage project meetings, schedules, milestones, and delivery; solve for issues that may arise
-Own presentations, updates, and communication to internal team and clients
-Provide strategic and operational support across the team as needed
-Build a strong working knowledge of Bloomberg tools and assets
You’ll need to have:
-Preferred 5-7+ years at an agency or media company in account management, project management, or other relevant role.
-Demonstrated track record of success
-Excellence in project management, problem solving, and consensus building
-Excellent verbal communication skills and maturity around senior leaders
-Quick study, with strong sense of curiosity and a desire to learn
-Entrepreneurial and bold in thinking and action
-High productivity; able to make significant progress with limited oversight and direction day-to-day
-High-energy and be hard-working, with a positive attitude
-Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment with frequent changes in priorities
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
WQAD News 8, the Tribune owned affiliate in Moline, IL is seeking an experienced Multi-Media Journalist join our news team. Qualified candidate must be a creative visual storyteller and have at least 2 years’ experience as a news photographer/editor. Applicants must demonstrate creativity, initiative, and have a working knowledge of field cameras, non-linear editing and ENG units. Strong newsroom leadership skills a plus.
This opportunity is for that person who wants to work with our news team.
Are you a creative person with a good eye for storytelling and positive work ethic? Are you able to inform and entertain through the use of great visuals and natural sound?
NPPA style of shooting and editing is preferred. You should be technically astute with Go Pros, mobile, Final Cut, etc. Your stories will run the gamut from enterprise stories, to features and natural sound stories.
Other responsibilities will be outlined during interview.
• 2+ years' in television broadcast as well as Live U, Dejero, TVU and ENG/SNG experience preferred
• Possess excellent videography, lightning, and non-linear editing skills
• NPPA style shooting and editing preferred
• Advanced knowledge with Go Pros, Mobile, Final Cut, etc.
• Must be willing to submit to a background check and drug screening
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
If you are interested in this position
Send a resume to Andy McKay, Chief Photographer, WQAD News 8, 3003 Park 16th Street, Moline, Illinois 61265-6061 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting’s 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching more than 50 million households, national entertainment network WGN America, whose reach is approaching 80 million households, Tribune Studios, and a variety of digital applications and websites commanding 60 million monthly unique visitors online. Tribune Media also includes Chicago’s WGN-AM and the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV. Additionally, the Company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds a variety of investments, including a 31% interest in Television Food Network, G.P., which operates Food Network and Cooking Channel. For more information, please visit www.tribunemedia.com.
WTAT FOX 24 in Charleston, SC is searching for a Local Sales Manager. We are looking for someone to develop a sales team that exceeds revenue goals by driving client results though our various on-air and digital assets. The Local Sales Manager is responsible for leading the day to day operations of the local sales department and the Account Executives. We are looking for a proven leader to develop a strategic sales plan with our management team to establish new business and provide new and innovative solutions for existing clients. The ideal candidate must be able to coach, train, and lead our team of Account Executives to attain individual and collective goals across all revenue platforms. This candidate must have a proven history of developing and executing successful client-specific campaigns. They should have previous sales management experience or be a successful seller looking to take the next step in their career.
In this position you will:
- Maintain a well-developed sales team
- Ensure effective onboarding of new hires
- Consistently train and support Account Executives in new/digital business development
- Establish sales strategies and plans in support of revenue goals in consultation with the GM/GSM
- Ensure each Account Executive achieves revenue goals across existing, new, and digital business lines
- Ensure client results, satisfaction and retention
- Collect and analyze monthly and quarterly forecast information for the sellers on a weekly basis
- Review and resolve preemptions daily and manage sales orders and inventory
- Ensure strong performance of local and regional accounts by maintaining strong relationships
- Work with the GM/GSM on inventory pricing and management
- Work with the Research Director to assure our sales materials are compelling and current
- 5-7 years broadcast sales experience (including television sales) and team management experience is preferred
- Proven success in developmental business and multimedia platforms, including web and mobile applications
- Effective relationship building, customer service, communication and negotiation skills
- Attention to detail
- A college degree is preferred
- A strong understanding of TV and media plans, advertising marketplace, and key competition
- Ability to anticipate, meet and/or exceed customer needs wants and expectations
- Ability to adapt to all situations and personality types in the sales staff and client base
To apply, please send resume to email@example.com and include “WTAT- Local Sales Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls please. Cunningham Broadcasting Corporation is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace
The Production Manager is responsible for the logistical and technical aspects of production for the PBS NewsHour broadcast, including any associated contributing elements, special events or special news coverage. Key responsibilities include ensuring that the production process runs smoothly and deadlines are met in accordance with budgetary and union constraints, staying up to date on all pending production elements and processes, preparing schedules, acquiring studio and technical personnel and allocating sufficient time and resources for all aspects of the production process, supervising the Associate Production Manager, Assignment Editor and other staff assigned to the Production Unit, managing the time and service allocations for the technical editors and makeup artists and performing related special projects or other duties as assigned. Bachelor’s degree with five (5) plus years of experience in live news production, functional knowledge of news operation systems (E.g. iNews) and Microsoft Office applications and knowledge of union contracts and union staff requirements or equivalent combination of education and experience is sought.
PBS NewsHour is a wholly-owned, non-profit subsidiary of WETA. For a full job description or to apply through our online application, please click here to be directed to the careers page at WETA. To confirm that a WETA or PBS NewsHour job posting is under recruitment, please visit our websites for our current job postings list: www.weta.org and www.pbs.org/newshour/.
WETA is an equal employment opportunity employer. WETA does not discriminate against employees or applications on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law.
Production Associate will be responsible for assisting in all production phases of sports-oriented news magazine show. She/he will report to Segment Producer. The Production Associate on each story is responsible for helping the segment producer in most aspects of the production, including but not limited to, story research, logistical planning and preparation for field shoots, scheduling, sourcing of archival material, pre-interviewing, casting, logging of footage, shooting of supplemental footage if necessary, supervision of field shoots if necessary, and more.
Pitch and develop stories.
• Assist in all phases of field shooting.
• Oversee logistics planning for shoots, travel, etc.
• Produce accurate and useful media logs.
• Perform Avid bin and media management.
• Organize tapes, research, edits and travel logistics.
• Thoroughly and effectively complete production assignments on schedule and within budget.
• Some experience in TV pre- and post-production preferred.
• Strong writing and reporting skills
• Prior experience pitching quality story ideas to producers.
• Ability to handle many projects simultaneously, keeping up in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment while maintaining a positive attitude.
• Must be responsible and organized with strong interpersonal skills.
• Able to juggle complex schedules with a demonstrated eagerness to learn.
Please apply directly to
WTVC/WFLI needs a PROMOTIONS PRODUCER in the Creative Services Department. Ideal candidate will be able to write, shoot, and edit promos while managing deadlines.
- Produce daily syndicated and topical promos
- Fill traffic logs with promotion inventory
- Assist with station sponsored events
- Participate in live local sports events produced by the station
- At least two years of promotion experience is preferred
- Proficiency with Premiere and Photoshop programs
- Excellent verbal, written, and organizational skills are a must
- Basic professional shooting skills and experience are a plus, along with advanced skills in After Effects
- Experience working on promotional or commercial projects within a television environment is preferred
Apply online at www.sbgi.net. When applying online, please include your salary requirements and a link to your latest work. Work examples should showcase strong editing and writing skills. If you do not have a link to your work, apply on-line and then send your non-returnable DVD to: 1101 East Main St., Chattanooga, TN 37408.
Sinclair Broadcast Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace.
WLS-TV, the ABC-owned television station in Chicago is looking for a dynamic news leader to join our management team. The Morning Daypart Executive Producer will oversee content gathering and distribution on all platforms during the morning hours.
- Lead all producers, both linear and digital, in creating compelling content for each platform
- Oversee story selection and reporter assignments
- Work with linear producers to create relevant, visually engaging and dynamic newscasts
- Plan and execute special content for the morning daypart
- Use social listening to identify potential stories for newscasts and digital platforms
- Use research and analytics to define content and presentation
- Coach on air talent to result in energetic presentation
- Review scripts for accuracy and authentic voice
- Work with senior news managers to accomplish goals of organization
- Maintain editorial integrity of all content
- College degree in journalism, communications or a related field
- 5 years’ experience preferred, along with leadership experience
- Understanding of the ethics of professional journalism
- Strong social and digital media skills
- Knowledge of Dalet production system, desktop editing a plus
- Ability to handle breaking news in a deadline-driven environment
If you are a fit for this job, you may apply at disneycareers.com
Requisition ID # 600489BR
No phone calls, please.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Reporting Location - Chicago, IL
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. "Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces." We bring out the best in each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is setting out to become the indispensable source of information for the world's most influential business leaders.
Bloomberg Media Group is searching for a Creative Lead - Design who can take on a leadership role, always acting as an inspiration for the team. You are a strong conceptual thinker with broad experience in digitally-led design and video. You’re comfortable both directing a cross-disciplinary team to produce breakthrough ideas and work, as well as “getting your hands dirty” as part of a larger team. The ultimate goal will be to collectively elevate our creative practice and serve as a partner to our custom editorial and strategy teams.
We'll trust you to:
- Generate innovative ideas across all existing and emerging platforms and inspire colleagues to create world-class, pioneering work and content (We’re looking for portfolios that are broader than exclusively: 30 and: 60 brand commercials.)
- Guide, teach and push members of the design team in developing concepts and be part of the creative process from strategy to concepts to execution
- Autonomously own a large project from kickoff to completion, often balancing multiple projects at once
- Participate and consult with Strategy in activities such as customer journeys, whitespace identification, briefs, and client relationship development.
- Oversee and provide thought leadership in the assessment of existing properties for content value, relevance, aesthetics, branding, and overall experience
- Champion principles of experience design and know when to bend the rules and look for opportunities to innovate
- Showcase your diverse creative skills, sharing the latest and greatest
- Collaborate with cross-functional team on implementation feasibility to ensure conceptual ideas are realizable
- Build confidence with clients through compelling presentation of experience and content ideas. Independent thinking and effective oral and written presentation skills are required
- Collaborate, multi-task and work efficiently under the pressure of deadlines
You'll need to have:
- 7-10 years of experience design and strong interactive/video work experience preferred
- Creative or content/publisher/agency/consultancy experience desired
- Experience managing, mentoring and evaluating teams
- Ability to explain abstract, complex or cutting-edge ideas in a straightforward way
- Proven skills in presenting, client partnership and visual communication
- Knowledge of the capabilities of modern web and social technologies and desire to stay at the forefront as new technologies emerge
- Experience working with Strategy to synthesize results into actionable design decisions.
- Strong ability to provide clear creative direction and provide timely, helpful feedback to improve creative processes and to keep work on budget and schedule
- Candidate must be open to travel as needed
Apply! We’ll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We challenge each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in our communities as around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen!
The Bloomberg Live social account is multipurpose to serve both editorial and marketing content distribution goals. BLive has grown to the point where a dedicated resource is needed to support the portfolio of events. Bloomberg Live leadership long with editorial and marketing social leaders will work with this team member to set BLive social media strategy and execution.
We’ll trust you to:
- Manage our Twitter handle @bloomberglive on a daily basis and be heavily involved with our social engagement, including tracking and reporting of metrics
- Evaluate and create a plan for re-initiate Live's Facebook page
- Build and execute social plans for each Marquee event globally that support audience generation, buzz building, and day of content distribution goals. Continue extending buzz worthy news a few days post event, as long as relevant
- Write social copy/content to promote BLive marquee events globally, for use on Bloomberg owned handles, as well as speakers, sponsors and participants accounts
- Recommend hashtags for events
- Report on performance including impressions, reach, RTs, and other engagement metrics
- Live tweet the New York-based marquee events including: creating real-time quote cards, editing and posting relevant video clips and photos, building threads, and retweeting relevant tweets
- Coordinate with local teams in London and Hong Kong on live tweeting for EMEA and APAC based events
- Build and execute social plans for prioritized bespoke events in coordination with BLive, PR team
- Collaborate with Editorial social team and other BLP social account owners to coordinate efforts across accounts
- Curate and promote relevant Bloomberg Media content/thought leadership on @bloomberglive
- Partner on distributing and promoting event content & coverage across accounts/platforms
You’ll need to have:
- Flexibility to work the following times: Non-event weeks: ~20 hours week; 1-2 hours/day to maintain the handle, join calls, manage engagement. The ideal candidate will also need to conduct calls with Asia, potentially weekly or bi-weekly
- Flexibility for the wee week of event (US marquee events only): Likely full time including the live tweeting of the events.
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Townsquare Media’s New Jersey 101.5 FM (Trenton, NJ) is looking to fill a part-time position in our Promotions and Marketing department. The part-time promotions assistant will help with daily activities that promote the station, clients or events.