We are looking for a team member to join an already dynamic team. Do you have a thirst to go the extra mile to deliver great product? If so, we are interested in speaking to you about this opportunity.
• Edit accurate & compelling video
• Shooting compelling video
• Operate video editing equipment
• Assist with covering news & sports
• Fill in Sports anchoring
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
• Experience in editing and photography
• Journalistic knowledge to match appropriate video with the script
• Effective communication skills with Producers & other news staff
• Valid driver’s license
• A four-year degree or equivalent experience is preferred
Dexterity to operate keyboard & mouse for editing. The ability to hear and react quickly to Director’s cues. The ability to review and edit quality stories.
INTERNAL CONTACTS EXTERNAL CONTACTS
Reporters, producers, photographers and management General public
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION:
Send a resume and tape to Andy McKay, Assistant News Director, WQAD-TV, 3003 Park 16th Street, Moline, Illinois 61265-6061. This may also be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Tribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting’s 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching more than 50 million households, national entertainment network WGN America, whose reach is approaching 80 million households, Tribune Studios, and a variety of digital applications and websites commanding 60 million monthly unique visitors online. Tribune Media also includes Chicago’s WGN-AM and the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV. Additionally, the Company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds a variety of investments, including a 31% interest in Television Food Network, G.P., which operates Food Network and Cooking Channel. For more information, please visit www.tribunemedia.com.
The National Corporate Sponsorship Department is seeking an Account Coordinator for the Client Services team to further engage and retain current sponsors of PBS’ television shows, programs, podcasts and offerings. The heart of this work involves helping television shows such as Arthur, Curious George, NOVA and others raise visibility with interested corporate partners, strengthening the perceived value of PBS and ensuring sustainability of these treasured productions.
The National Corporate Sponsorship department consists of the sales, marketing, research and client services teams, and is responsible for securing and retaining corporate sponsors for PBS’ national television series and digital offerings, produced by WGBH and outside producers.
The Client Services staff acts as primary liaisons with nationally renowned companies and manages these corporate accounts to ensure successful execution of all sponsorship deliverables. The CS team also partners with television production units, and the sales team on sponsorship renewals and upsells.
The Account Coordinator, reporting to the National Account Director, plays a key role working with Senior Client Services staff to assist in fostering relationships with a portfolio of clients. This work is done through executing sponsorship deliverables, building relationships with key stakeholders at client companies, and assisting in the renewal process for national corporate sponsors. The role also entails partnering with sponsors on social media campaign efforts, helping to facilitate sponsor events, and more. The Account Coordinator position is also focused on internal relationship building across WGBH, actively communicating the work and efforts of the sponsorship team, and partnering with other departments to ensure that sponsor requests, priorities and objectives are understood and addressed.
This is an AEEF union position.
- Interact with various internal departments and external constituencies on behalf of SGPTV and clients
- Assist in maintaining ongoing communication with clients to support department goal of renewing business
- Event management, social media campaign coordination with sponsors, and relationship management on pertinent accounts
- Maintain and update information pertaining to clients and the series they sponsor
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Two to four years experience in related fields (marketing, media, agency work, client relationships, business development), a corporate setting and/or in a client-focused environment.
- Candidates must have extremely strong written and verbal communication skills, be a confident public speaker, pay high attention to detail, and be a well-organized time-manager of multiple projects with various, often last-minute deadlines.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills, the ability to exercise good judgment under pressure, and exhibit poise and professionalism when communicating with executives.
- Proficient with Macintosh systems, and experience with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and Powerpoint applications. Familiarity with InDesign and Photoshop.
- Accomplished navigator of social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Familiarity with media metrics, analysis and other systems a plus (ie; Nielsen, Salesforce, etc.).
Please apply through our website, using the link below.
The Marketing and Communications department is responsible for creating and leveraging communications vehicles that promote WGBH to its many constituents: local viewers and listeners, Web visitors, members, mid-level and major donors, Board leadership, the general public, and all employees. We manage initiatives that maximize the WGBH brand and assure positive positioning for our institution and our productions, programs, and services, while bolstering our organization’s visibility and strengthening the perceived value of WGBH.
The Communications and Media Relations Specialist works closely with the Media Relations Manager, Associate Director and Director to maintain and expand the team’s services and projects, creating and implementing campaigns and initiatives that increase visibility, awareness, audience and value across traditional and digital platforms. The position reports to the Director of Media Relations and supports the entire Media Relations team.
The successful candidate will be one who is up to the challenge of sharing the WGBH story in the most compelling ways possible. A creative thinker who is passionate about news and communications, one who can identify media trends and captivating story ideas. This individual should be innovative, and results-oriented, with exceptional written and verbal communication skills and a positive attitude. A collaborative team player, they will thrive working in a fast-paced and dynamic organization.
The Communications and Media Relations Specialist performs tasks that contributes to the overall success of the team. These may include:
- Research, write, edit, and/or proofread communications materials, including, but not limited to: calendar listings, pitches, fact sheets, press materials, media alerts, briefing materials, and speaking points.
- Maintain records of media contacts, placements and deadlines.
- Write, disseminate, and follow up on press releases, events, and programs.
- Prepare schedule highlights for external publication
- Maintain editorial calendar and press release schedule
- Deliver concise and informative reporting on press activities, coverage secured, and current opportunities.
- Update Foundation press room on the website
- Perform other related and comparable duties as assigned.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Ability to successfully manage several demanding projects simultaneously and identify priorities in fast-paced environment.
- Strong knowledge of the media landscape and a passion for media relations
- Strong project management skills with proven experience
- Strong communication and relationship building skills.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Superior proofreading skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and present ideas clearly.
- Ability to collaborate with internal staff, external partners, and resources.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and appropriate independent decision-making skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and social media.
- The ability to accept and incorporate feedback
- Discretion in handling confidential information.
- 2+ years of relevant experience, preferably in an agency setting
- Ability to build relationships, both with the media and clients
- Excellent judgment, positive attitude and a desire to contribute
- Technology skills appropriate to perform the duties of the job.
- Experience with digital communications channels.
Bachelor's degree, preferable in Public Relations, Communications or Journalism
Please apply through our website, using the link below.
The Sponsorship Group for Public Television (SGPTV) is the internal WGBH department responsible for securing corporate sponsors for national television series and programs. The department consists of several teams: sales, marketing, research, and client services.
The Client Services staff (also called the Account Management team) manages all aspects of the client relationship and executes the deliverables of customized sponsorship packages. They are the primary liaisons with the national sponsors and the production units, and partner with sales on securing sponsorship renewals.
The Account Coordinator assists senior staff in managing relationships, deliverables and the renewal process with national corporate sponsors. A Bachelor's Degree and two to four year experience in related fields (marketing, media, agency work, client relationships, business development) is required.
Please apply through our website - use the link below!
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. "Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces." We bring out the best in each other, and through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
We are searching for a Motion Editor and Graphics Designer to join our Global Media Marketing group. We're building a global creative team to produce award-winning branded content and buzz worthy brand experiences for our elite clients in Luxury, Technology, Finance, Business, and more. From TV commercials to short subject branded documentaries, our goal is to dive into the topic and produce the highest quality content possible.
We need a detail-oriented creative who will raise the bar for our video content as we evolve toward a world-class global agency. Our team is high performance, so you'll partner with our internal creatives to drive complicated projects from start to finish.
You will be an expert at executing the end-to-end video production workflow, from initial storyboards to final edit. You understand branding and storytelling. You can deftly develop sophisticated data visualization graphics, as well as incorporate music and sound to bring a story to life. You're an excellent communicator. You're nimble, organized and adaptable. As a smart, critical thinker with boundless initiative, you possess extraordinary problem-solving abilities.
This is a NY-based position. Please include a portfolio / reel link with your application.
We’ll trust you to:
- Be highly proficient in editing in Premiere Pro & After Effects
- Create motion graphics in After Effects
- Craft a story beyond traditional advertising
- Be embedded in the storytelling process from paper-cut to finishing
- Have a basic understanding of sound design and compositing
- Work quickly, but not at expense of quality
- Have experience in editing for documentary formats
- Execute a momentum based energetic editing style for case studies and sizzle reels, including fast-paced segments
- Be comfortable with multiple rounds of revisions with quick turnaround
- Engage with a large creative team to ensure alignment
- Dive into creative topics to gain a holistic understanding of the material and communication objectives
- Fluidly adapt style and technique based on projects
- Demonstrate various styles and showcase design ability for a wide range of techniques via your reel
You’ll need to have:
- 8+ years of experience (agency preferred)
- Expertise editing in Premiere
- 2D Animation Experience
- Lower third creation
- Implementing AE templates
- Understanding of typography in AE
- Audition and Audio finishing (a Plus)
- Illustrator (a Plus)
- Da Vinci Resolve (a Plus)
- Maya and/or Cinema 4D (a Plus)
Does this sound like you?
Apply! If we believe you’re a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Wisconsin Public Television is looking for an engaging Individual Gifts Manager to work with prospects and donors across the state to meet our short and long-term programming and project fundraising goals. Must thrive on developing long term relationships with donors to negotiate and close major gifts, planned giving arrangements, and other types of gifts to the Friends of WPT. Successful candidate will create, integrate, and implement individual and institutional major gift donor solicitation strategies and plans in collaboration with other station leadership. Must have strong planning and organizational skills, and the interpersonal skills to ask for major monetary gifts for WPT.
Details: https://wpt.org/AboutWPT/Employment/individual-gifts-manager. Erin.email@example.com. 608-263-0477. EOE.
You're a news junkie who loves breaking news. You embrace challenges, have excellent judgment, can make split-second decisions, works well with others and thrive in a real-time environment. Our team is lightning fast, innovative and uses our collective experience to anticipate where and how news will break next. If that sounds like you, we want you to join our West Coast Breaking News team in the Americas.
We'll trust you to:
-Unearth news breaking on traditional and new-media sources
-Recognize news that is significant to the markets
-Write potentially market-moving first versions of stories that explain the `why' in addition to the `what'
-Collaborate with global bureaus and teams across Bloomberg to deliver this-just-in news across all platforms
-Utilize machine learning tools to ensure Bloomberg remains on the cusp of breaking news
-Provide on-the-spot decisions on topics including M&A, IPOs, corporate earnings, government news and other global events
You'll need to have:
-A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
-An understanding of global markets, economics, politics and finance
-The ability to write and edit clearly and quickly under deadline pressure
-Experience working in a real-time news environment preferred
-A robust knowledge of social media and appreciation of how news breaks on various platforms
-Fluency in English
We'd love to see:
-Familiarity with automation, machine learning and/or natural language processing
-Proficiency in reading languages other than English; especially Mandarin, Korean or Japanese
-Proven skill at collaborating and working across teams to accomplish goals
-Familiarity with the technology beat and knowledge of the players in that area
Does this sound like you? Apply!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
NET – Nebraska’s PBS and NPR Stations has an opportunity for a skilled reporter/producer to create, produce, write, and edit multi-media content for NET News. Work will include producing our television/radio discussion program. Media content can include producing programs, segments, long and short-form features for television, radio, and digital audiences. Strong journalism credentials will aid in producing both short and long-form news content.
We’re looking for someone who can go in-depth on a variety of topics and produce creative and compelling stories and programs across multiple platforms. You won’t be afraid of addressing difficult subjects and doing the research necessary to report on them thoroughly. We want you to seek out diverse issues, topics and sources to provide our audience with a broad perspective of our world and state.
Being curious, well-informed, organized and detail-oriented will help you succeed as producer of our discussion program. We search out important and interesting topics affecting our state, and then find the guests that can give us great insight on those issues for our audience. You’ll have the opportunity to help the program innovate and creatively evolve as it grows.
We want someone who can experiment with storytelling techniques and digital newsgathering tools to find the best way to communicate with our audience. We’re looking for a reporter/producer who also understands the importance of social media as another effective way to reach our audience; someone who creates thoughtful and informative posts that help those who follow us better understand the issues important to them.
Your work will reflect the high ethical and quality standards NET News and public media embrace. You must have a commitment to accuracy and fairness in your reporting. You also must bring with you a great attitude, a willingness to collaborate, a strong curiosity, an emphasis on diversity throughout your reporting and sourcing, and a focus on serving our citizens with reliable and informative coverage of our state.
If you join our team, you’ll be based in Lincoln, but have the opportunity to cover all of Nebraska. Lincoln is a growing city featuring great local food, music, art and sports. It’s home to the University of Nebraska and an expanding tech startup market. Lincoln features great schools, affordable housing and plenty of recreational opportunities. Those are all reasons why it’s consistently ranked as one of the best places to live in the country. We know you’ll love Lincoln and Nebraska as much as we do. Visit https://www.lcoc.com/welcome-to-lincoln
This position includes excellent benefits including a scholarship program for staff and dependents. We’ll begin reviewing applications February 15 and continue until the position is filled. For additional details and to apply visit www.netnebraska.org/careers.
The University of Nebraska-Lincoln is an EO/AA employer. We encourage minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply.
Join our team of award-winning journalists at Wisconsin Public Radio (WPR) as a reporter for our Wausau Bureau.
If you enjoy producing in-depth reports and want to immerse yourself in news of regional and statewide importance, look no further than WPR’s News department. We have the ideal job for an individual with up to two years (or more) of experience in broadcast journalism with strong on-air skills. You must hold a bachelor’s degree and demonstrate a track record of independently producing original journalism using strong editorial and ethical judgment. Details: www.wpr.org/jobs. 608-262-5221; firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE.
Sinclair Broadcast Group/Chattanooga is seeking a part-time Production Assistant.
- Preparation for and execution of live newscasts, including but not limited to:
- Teleprompter operation
- Studio and set preparation
- Studio maintenance
- Tape editing for newscasts
- Audio switching
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience is not necessary, but education and/or internship in TV or related field is preferred
- Training will be provided
Apply online at www.sbgi.net.
Sinclair Broadcast Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace.