- 5-7+ years System Implementation, SDLC, Integration, and Project Management experience
- 3+ years in consulting / professional services, big firm experience preferred
- Experience managing teams through client-facing activities such as requirements gathering, stakeholder workshops, and deliverable review/approval sessions
- Experience in project planning, including building and managing to project plans, budgeting, resource allocation, and reporting status to clients and internal teams
- Trained on process and/or technology methodologies (e.g. Lean Process Improvement, Six Sigma, Agile implementation, Waterfall model)
- System development life cycle (SDLC) experience
- Experience with presentation and spreadsheet tools, such as PowerPoint, Visio, and Excel
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, information systems, computer science, business administration, or other related fields
- Experience in Media & Entertainment and/or Consumer Products industries
- Experience at a large consulting firm (e.g., Accenture, Deloitte, EY, CapGemini, PWC)
At CalMatters we believe the future of news products will be discovered in collaboration with our audiences, and we strive to understand how Californians want their news and information. If you’re an imaginative and highly collaborative senior designer, you might be the perfect person to help us do that by establishing and leading our product-design practice.
We’re a nonprofit, nonpartisan news startup. At the tender age of five, we’re already the largest newsroom covering California policy and politics. We reach hundreds of thousands of people on our website and others through partnerships with 200 media outlets, but we want to engage many more Californians with our work so they can better engage with our democracy.
You’ll join a small, cross-functional team, working closely with our head of product, product manager and WordPress engineer to collaborate with colleagues across the company. You’ll bring thoughtful design vision to existing products, like our website and our newsletters, and you’ll guide the exploration and building of new ideas with your design and UX expertise.
Some challenges you might tackle:
- How do we become an essential daily habit for more Californians?
- How might we design products that appeal to time-starved people?
- How might we deliver stories in digestible formats while also creating opportunities to dig deeper into complex topics?
- How might visuals and multiple languages play a greater role in our storytelling, given that so many of California’s 40 million people speak a language other than English?
What You’ll Bring to CalMatters:
- At least five years of digital product experience. Digital media and/or editorial experience is a plus. Print design experience is a bonus, but not required.
- A portfolio showcasing a foundation in visual design, design systems, interaction, typography and ideation.
- Experience partnering with a product manager to develop the strategy and rationale for features.
- Experience using lightweight prototyping as a way to explore and demonstrate solutions.
- Mastery of common design tools, such as Sketch, Figma, InVision, Zeplin and the Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of the latest trends and technologies in responsive design, user-centered design, and information architecture, coupled with a strong acumen to think of new approaches to user needs.
- Experience leading user research and/or using data to inform design decisions.
- An audience-first mindset and a desire to create new information experiences to improve the lives of Californians and make it easy for them to engage in the democratic process.
What You’ll Do at CalMatters:
- Lead the entire design process, from creating research plans, to leading brainstorms, creating wireframes and prototypes through to delivering high quality design and experiences.
- Take the lead on running design experiments, incorporating qualitative and quantitative data to validate your hypotheses and guide your design decisions.
- Collaborate with the team to conduct lightweight user research, such as customer interviews, prototype testing, card sorting and surveys. You’ll also use low-fidelity tactics, such as user flows, spreadsheets and wireframes, to streamline complex systems and rapidly prototype.
- Work with editorial, audience, fundraising and events colleagues to define and explore ideas, with an eye to the audience members’ perspective.
- Interpret requirements and translate them into quality user-centric outputs that balance user goals, business needs, and technical specs.
- Serve as a subject matter expert providing actionable recommendations and confidently standing behind them to obtain stakeholder buy-in.
- Develop and own our design systems to make sure that all new components adhere to guidelines and quality standards.
- Act as the gate-keeper for our existing brand style guide and relationship manager for freelance design relationships.
Education or experience related to journalism or communications would be plus but is not required. If you meet at least 75% of the qualifications please apply, and don’t be shy about showcasing additional skills we haven’t listed. We’re committed to diversity and especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply. If you’re interested, please provide a resume, a cover letter that outlines how you would approach the job and examples of your previous successes. Write to [email protected] with the job title in the subject line.
We’re based in Sacramento, and that’s the best place for in-person collaboration with our team, but we’re open to creative arrangements with people elsewhere.
Daily Hire Digital Producer
WLS-TV, the ABC owned station located in Chicago, Illinois is seeking a Daily Hire Multi-Platform Producer/Writer/Editor for the digital department.
We are looking for a talented AP style writer who can produce and edit news videos for our digital audience, as well as create original content that keeps audiences engaged in our local news products.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated with a strong understanding of local news branding, journalism with at least 2 years of experience working in a newsroom. In-depth knowledge of search engine optimization(SEO), Adobe Creative Suite and Photoshop as well as basic After Effects skills are necessary. Extensive experience working alongside news staff to turn daily stories into compelling content is necessary.
A bachelor's degree in journalism
All applicants must be willing to work any day or shift, as needed.
To apply, please log on to: www.disneycareers.com and search for Requisition ID # 764658BR
Equal Opportunity Employer-Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Digital Sales Planner (WLS – Chicago)
WLS is the #1 station in the 3rd largest DMA in the country. The Digital Sales Planner will work alongside the Account Executives and Sales Management to develop Digital Media Plans for advertisers & agencies to include abc7chicago.com & localish.com and OTT apps.
The Digital Sales Planner is responsible for generating and communicating sales proposals for presentation to advertising agencies and/or clients. This position follows through on all aspects of digital sales and campaign management, including developing media plans, completing necessary paperwork, implementing campaigns, and working with the various internal groups to optimize their campaigns to ensure they deliver and bill in full. Digital Sales Planners must be able to become experts on the pre-, mid- and post-sale processes to communicate effectively with various teams across the ABC OTV and DAS organizations. They must build and maintain relationships resulting in superior customer service on each assigned account.
• Create strategic digital plans that maximize digital revenue and meet client objectives. Work in partnership with the Sales teams to develop, price, and prepare multi-platform digital packages that incorporate ABC7chicago.com & OTV properties and, in some cases, ABC Network, ESPN, Freeform, National Geographic and FX.
• Utilize inventory tools to assess site sell-through and forecast future demand accurately to prepare plans that meet the needs of the client within the constraints of site traffic and product availability. Collaborate with the ABC OTV Inventory team to understand current inventory trends.
• Be an educational resource for Sales on what can be sold digitally and make appropriate suggestions to meet client KPIs
• Understand ABC Owned Television sites and products, but also social, native, audience targeting, DAR and reach extension to put together media plans customized to each client.
• Monitor queue and book digital orders in O1 accurately and efficiently.
• Work closely with and communicate directly with client/agency contacts for general account support and campaign assistance.
• Serve as primary liaison between clients and Ad Operations to ensure campaigns launch on time and deliver in full by actively overseeing delivery and revising or optimizing plans as necessary to exceed client expectations.
• Complete necessary paperwork s through internal and external channels
• Update PowerPoint packages and product one sheets as necessary
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in strategic planning (with an agency or publisher) or digital ad sales
• Understanding of the basics of digital advertising with a functional knowledge of digital ad products
• Ability to multi-task, efficiently manage time and prioritize deliverables
• Ability to manage client expectations
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Experience with and knowledge of the terminology and mechanics of the online advertising industry
• Strong Excel and PowerPoint proficiency
• Strong project management and organizational skills
• Exceptional written and verbal communication abilities for internal and external relationship management
• Solutions-oriented customer service focus that emphasizes driving sales
• Self-motivated to work independently while still being an active part of the larger team
• Experience working with Operative One and/Salesforce/ Google Ad Manager-(DFP)
• Digital planning, sales or campaign management experience
• Proficiency with digital ad servers and other digital media tools, such as) Yieldex, Atlas, DCM, Omniture, ComScore
• Experience using Nielsen’s Digital Ad Ratings
• Basic knowledge of TV/digital ad measurement
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with WLS Television, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
WLS Television, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
To apply, please log on to: www.disneycareers.com and search for Requisition ID # 764570BR