Morning Weekend News Producer –
ABC 7 Chicago's #1 news is seeking an energetic, creative producer for our weekend morning newscasts. We want a news producer who recognizes what viewers want to see on multiple platforms and has a great understanding of all social platforms. We absolutely must have a creative producer who can showcase content in new & inventive ways. This person must be a solid writer who can cut through the police speak & jargon to put together clear & concise copy for air & digital.
• Crafting a fast paced, visually compelling show
• Booking guests and creating relevant feature segments that will be of interest to weekend morning news viewers.
• Communicate with reporters about the focus and format of their stories.
• Creating some graphics and editing video at their desktop.
• Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Journalism, Media, Film, etc.)
• Minimum of 3 years of medium to large market producing experience
• Rock solid news judgment and aggressive pursuit of breaking news
• Strong writing, communication and organizational skills.
• Must demonstrate consistent use of social media in all parts of newscast creation from story selection to on-air presentation.
• Must be able to work overnight hours, holidays & weekends
• Must be able to work under deadline pressure
**This is a NABET represented position.
Candidates should upload a cover letter and resume at www.disneycareers.com.
Requisition ID # 790495BR
No phone calls, please.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Reporting Location – Chicago, IL
Crown Media has a unique opportunity for a candidate to help our business evolve our content in all its forms to present the best image of our brands to audiences and business partners alike. This position will contribute to the creation and protection of the integrity of Crown Media’s and Hallmark’s brands and standards policies, as well as compliance with federal regulations and guidelines. This role will identify high risk and sensitive issues during content and advertising review, and will work with various divisions at Crown Media and across Hallmark to present ourselves in a coordinated and consistent way that represents the highest standards for our businesses.
- Oversee commercial clearance and the programming standards process for Crown Media brands. Responsibilities include policy creation, and evaluation of commercial content for national ad sales, direct response advertising and internal marketing campaigns.
- Develop standards guidelines after reviewing and coordinating with internal brand representatives, including executives in the Sales, Programming, Affiliate, and Hallmark business and corporate departments.
- Work directly with Ad Sales, Commercial Operations, Scheduling, Programming and Marketing teams so advertising and promotions meet FCC, FTC, COPPA and other federal requirements.
- Educate Crown Media’s business teams on standards and practices concerns and policies.
- Review, screen and evaluate content, including programming, advertisements, PSAs and related claims/substantiation to facilitate Crown Media’s compliance with internal standards guidelines and policies.
- Maintain strong ability to speak up confidently and convincingly about standards positions.
- Help the company develop clear and consistent guidelines, taking into account Crown Media’s audiences, public sentiment, and commercial and ethical factors that are consistent with the company’s business practices.
- Facilitate and contribute to standards decision making with internal Crown Media and Hallmark executives and external commercial clients on production, advertising submissions, distribution partner matters, and other outside business partners.
- Develop guidelines and processes for categories of content and advertising, including time of airing and coordination with the Commercial Operations teams to flag certain content and ads in terms of scheduling in and around series/programs for sensitivity purposes.
- Review and approve competitive advertising inventory in collaboration with Crown Media Sales Management and subject to production and policy guidelines.
- Flag legal and sensitive standards issues and consult with Crown Media Business and Legal Affairs department.
- Maintain a central database for commercial tracking purposes.
- BA/BS Degree, JD optional
- 10+ years working experience at a network (cable or broadcast) working in Standards & Practices, Commercial Clearance or relevant experience
- Strong familiarity with regulatory and rules, including FDA, FTC and FCC regulations, indecency and trade libel
- Familiarity in clinical research/trials, consumer perception studies and substantiation
- Experience working on content in a standards & practices capacity
- Excellent analytical, negotiation and oral/written communication skills
- Successful track record of executive level interactions
- Strong time management and multi-tasking skills needed and must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented and extremely organized
- Must have the ability to work independently, efficiently and be able to meet deadlines under strict time constraints
- Must be able to handle confidential information
- Team player who can build an environment of collaboration and collegiality with colleagues and clients
The Manager, Consumer Products supports the Consumer Products department which includes Home Entertainment, Hallmark Publishing, and a growing line of licensed products including Hallmark Channel Wines, Hallmark Channel Chocolate and others. The Manager will be responsible for developing trusted relationships with distribution partners and licensees while managing their day to day needs, working closely with internal departments, and vetting new business opportunities.
• Manage day to day needs of distribution & licensing partners
o Assist in product development & strategy
o Manage asset delivery to various external partners
o Develop creative direction & manage approvals for marketing & promotional assets
o Work closely with internal departments to create strategic promotional opportunities
o Create and present brand updates, sell sheets & marketing materials
• Track product forecasts and place manufacturing quantities (on select products)
• Track financial statements & payments
• Track deadlines and ensure other departments are meeting key deadlines
• Provide business updates for internal communications
• Develop Brand presentations for new partnership pitches
• Effectively partner with internal departments & external partners to drive Consumer Products strategies
• Conduct in-depth competitive research and prepare internal presentations on key learnings
• Support inter-company synergy strategies
• Degree from a 4-year college with focus on business management, marketing or related field
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience working with a major brand and/or Entertainment company
• Experience with Excel, PowerPoint, Word & Outlook
• Strong verbal and written communication skills coupled with the ability to build relationships and collaborate across multiple departments
• Excellent organizational skills with the proven ability for working well within deadline parameters
• Detail focused with high-level organizational and follow-through skills
• Proactive, curious, detail-oriented, and proficient at juggling multiple tasks simultaneously
• Enthusiastic self-starter with excellent analytical, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work well with internal & external partners in a professional manner
The Executive Assistant (EA) manages the day-to-day operations of the office of the President & CEO. This position serves as the key liaison to the executive leadership and senior leadership teams, as well as peers and employees, in all matters pertaining to the CEO. This position interacts daily with employees and senior executives at Crown Media, Hallmark and other Hallmark Affiliates as well as industry executives and vendors. The EA provides daily operational support including discrete handling of confidential and sensitive information; management of the CEO; strategic initiatives and preparation of presentation decks, reports, and correspondence. This position plans and schedules travel arrangements, organization of workflow in and out the CEO’s office, management of expense report coordination, review, and submission, as well as invoice reconciliation. The EA works in partnership with the Atlanta based Executive Assistant to support of the CEO.
- Serves as a contact for CEO to all CMFN Executives and their departments; Hallmark Enterprise executives; external networks, agencies, and vendors
- Manages and controls daily schedule using judgement and discretion in the prioritization of access to and allocation of executive’s time Functions as center of the CEO’s daily operations, interactions and helps set the tone and culture within the group.
- In the absence of the CEO and as authorized, communicates on behalf of the executive including on matters of a confidential and sensitive nature
- Manages communications and workflow into and out of the executive’s office
- Manages and maintains calendar - prioritizes and communicates scheduling and logistics
- Responsible for overseeing the execution of large-scale in-house meetings and work sessions managing the coordination of IT, administration functions, food and beverage needs among other details specific to the meeting or event to ensure all required logistics are in place
- Conducts extensive online and offline research as requested and prepares and proofs presentation board and presentation decks
- Schedules all travel arrangements including hotel accommodations, airline reservations, ground transportation, and off-site meeting venues including conference registrations, as well as monitoring travel progress (including outside of core hours)
- Prepares expense reports; reviews and analyzes for compliance expense submissions before submitting for appropriate approvals.
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent executive administrative experience, preferably with Entertainment Industry and C-suite level executives
- Expert level experience using Microsoft Office Suite with extensive experience building PowerPoint decks, presentations, and correspondence documents
- Available to work onsite at our headquarters location
- Must have demonstrated ability to be spontaneous, adaptable, resourceful and provide support with efficiency
- Proven ability to interact with senior executives, industry representatives and vendors with tact, diplomacy, and discretion
- Effective in and comfort with working in high demand environments with the ability to maintain accuracy of output, attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Must be highly capable and desire to handle multiple projects and aim for on-time delivery
- Must have excellent organization, presentation, and communication skills with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Must be flexible in work schedule and be available to support the executive outside of standard office hours including evenings and weekends
- Collaborative with the ability to develop effective organizational wide relationships and to work in a cross-functional environment
This position is responsible for providing sales support to the Direct Response sales team for Crown Media Family Networks: Hallmark Channel, Hallmark Movies & Mysteries and Hallmark Drama.
- Process media buys/ revisions into systems for Direct Response
- Email pre- and post-logs to clients
- Research potential discrepancies
- Serve as liaison between traffic department and agency for traffic issues
- Send out media kits when requested by clients
- Update and maintain agency contact list/billing list
- Preview commercial creatives for on-air approval
- Contact clients with outstanding balances and update A/R department
- Maintain orders and other documents into electronic filing system.
- Communicate with clients on a daily basis
- Back-up to other team members, as needed
- Must have undergraduate degree in related field, such as Marketing, Communication or Advertising
- Prior PC experience using Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Must have a high level of proficiency using Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Must have the ability to pay close attention to detail and to understand written and oral instructions
- Must have the ability to organize and schedule work effectively
- Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced environment
- Interact effectively with a wide variety of people
- Effectively plan workload and follows through to completion
- Listen well and actively engage others to facilitate positive outcomes
- Personally commit to excellence in every aspect of work
- Previous database experience
- Prior Sales experience
- Prior Media internship(s)
Note: Relocation will not be provided.
This position works closely with senior management to manage the development of original content for Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movies & Mysteries. This position may also be assigned to handle special projects as necessary including, but not limited to, presentation preparation and comparative programming research. This position has no supervisory responsibility.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Duties and responsibilities)
- Review creative submissions and make recommendations for programming development; reads and critiques submissions and maintains submission database.
- Responsible for data entry and research needed to support the scheduling and acquisitions team. Also researches and inputs media and program information.
- Provides script coverage; gives notes on scripts, cuts of movies, and project ideas. Participates in note meetings with producers to guide development.
- Provide support in pitch meetings with talent, agents, and show creators.
- Identify programming opportunities based on brand content, programming trends, and ways to meet the needs of audiences
- Interact on a daily basis with other divisions within the company regarding all matters that pertain to programming, including Publicity, Marketing, and Business & Legal Affairs.
- Coordinate script/project tracking.
- View submitted sizzle reels and write up coverage.
- Work with Development Department to generate notes for each project.
- Read all revision and report the changes to the appropriate Executive.
- View all dailies and make recommendations if problem arise. (example: deviation from script, make up, wardrobe, focus or lack of coverage)
BASIC REQUIREMENTS; (The requirements that must be met by applicant)
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university
- 3 years’ television experience
- PC skills
- Microsoft Office experience
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: (Other Characteristics/Competencies that may be assessed during the selection process)
- Must have excellent PC skills to perform job
- Cable and broadcast television knowledge
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
This position is responsible for working with Account Executives and Sales Planners to service and maintain agencies and clients on a daily basis.
- Assists with the maintenance of media schedules
- Builds and modifies sales orders including weekly allocations and move requests
- Stewards client accounts by creating and updating flowcharts and change notices
- Makes good on all pre-empted spots as well as monitors programming changes
- Coordinates added value implementation
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor's degree is required with emphasis in Marketing, Communication or Advertising preferred
- Prior PC experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and to understand written and oral instructions
- Ability to organize and schedule work effectively
- Ability to create flowcharts
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and work in a fast paced, time-sensitive environment
- Prior Sales experience is preferred
- Prior Media internship or experience highly desired
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of people
- Ability to effectively plan work and follow through to completion
- Ability to listen well and actively engage others to facilitate positive outcomes
- Must personally commit to excellence in every aspect of work
Note: Relocation will not be provided.
The Executive Assistant (EA) manages the day-to-day administrative work of the Business & Legal Affairs team, with focused support for the EVP, General Counsel. This position serves as a key coordinator for the Business & Legal Affairs team, as well as a key coordinator between the Crown Media Business & Legal Affairs team and the Hallmark Legal team. This position interacts daily with employees and senior executives at Crown Media, Hallmark and other Hallmark Affiliates as well as industry executives and vendors. The EA provides daily operational support including discrete handling of confidential and sensitive information; scheduling meetings; managing expenses; handling travel; preparation of presentation decks, reports, and correspondence; and invoice reconciliation.
- Serves as a contact for the EVP, General Counsel to all CMFN Executives and their departments; Hallmark Enterprise executives; external networks, agencies, and vendors.
- Manages and controls daily schedule using judgement and discretion in the prioritization of access to and allocation of the EVP, General Counsel’s and other Business & Legal Affairs members’ time.
- Functions as center of the Business & Legal Affairs daily operations, interactions and helps set the tone and culture within the group.
- Manages the scheduling of the EVP, General Counsel’s meetings; travel; and expense reconciliation.
- Manages and maintains calendar - prioritizes and communicates scheduling and logistics.
- Responsible for overseeing the execution of Business & Legal Affairs team meetings and work sessions, managing the coordination of IT, administration functions, food and beverage needs among other details specific to the meeting or event to ensure all required logistics are in place.
- Conducts online and offline research as requested and prepares and proofs presentation decks.
- Schedules all travel arrangements including hotel accommodations, airline reservations, ground transportation, and off-site meeting venues including conference registrations, as well as monitoring travel progress (including outside of core hours).
- Prepares expense reports; reviews and analyzes for compliance expense submissions before submitting for appropriate approvals.
- Helps manage legal training and compliance requirements, such as bar expense payments and continuing legal education coordination.
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent executive administrative experience, preferably with Entertainment Industry and C-suite level executives.
- Expert level experience using Microsoft Office Suite with experience building PowerPoint decks, presentations, and correspondence documents.
- Must have demonstrated ability to be spontaneous, adaptable, resourceful and provide support with efficiency.
- Proven ability to interact with senior executives, industry representatives and vendors with tact, diplomacy, and discretion.
- Effective in and comfort with working in high demand environments with the ability to maintain accuracy of output, attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
- Must be highly capable and desire to handle multiple projects and aim for on-time delivery.
- Must have excellent organization, presentation, and communication skills with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Must be flexible in work schedule and be available to provide support on occasion outside of standard office hours.
- Collaborative with the ability to develop effective organizational wide relationships and to work in a cross-functional environment.
Job Title: Asset Coordinator, Partnership Marketing
Reports to: Manager, Partnership Marketing
Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Date: April 19, 2021
The Asset Coordinator, Partnership Marketing works to support the Partnership Marketing team in the execution and management of promotional materials utilizing image and video assets for merchandising of programming content on Hallmark Channel, Hallmark Movies & Mysteries, Hallmark Drama, Hallmark Movies Now and Hallmark Movies & More. Includes close work with distribution account representatives and creative teams to maintain asset library, affiliate website and internal resources used for promotional planning. Position will work under the supervision of the partnership marketing manager and in close communication with the client services coordinator on internal projects as assigned.
- Develops merchandising programming calendars for linear, SVOD and AVOD monthly schedules and maintains high volume of updates and changes in real-time.
- Works with creative teams to generate assets for priority content including key art, episodic imagery, promotional video assets for general use.
- Resizes and customizes generic assets to spec for reoccurring monthly deliveries.
- Creates monthly social media calendar including post copy and image and video assets.
- Assists with the development of assets for custom promotions including talent reads, tagged video spots, social media campaigns for both B2B and B2C use.
- Assist partnership marketing team in the ideation, creation and execution of premiums and mailers that drive interest for our networks among clients for upcoming programming and corporate initiatives.
- Supports additional department projects as assigned.
- Minimum 2 years of experience at an entertainment company
- Marketing experience preferred; Prior cable experience preferred
- Extensive experience using PCs and Microsoft Office software; Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Basic Adobe Suite skills; Photoshop and InDesign
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Detail oriented and organized with proven ability to manage multiple projects and work in a fast paced, time-sensitive environment
- Enthusiastic self-starter with high level of engagement, curiosity, resourcefulness, and ability to problem-solving and think proactively
- Undergraduate degree from a four-year college or university; preferably in Communication, Business Administration, Advertising or Marketing
- Must be team-oriented and have a collaborative work style with ability to build strong working relationships
- Excellent interpersonal skills; positive can-do attitude
- Passion for marketing and entertainment and an interest in long term career path
- High standards of integrity and business ethics