PBS NewsHour Student Reporting Labs has an exciting opportunity for an Associate Producer with a passion for education and journalism. Student Reporting Labs (SRL) is a video journalism program in schools around the country. As our Associate Producer, you’ll manage our school portfolio and work regularly with teachers and students, ensuring the best program experience.
As an Associate Producer, SRL, you also will:
- Update the program website with various content.
- Provide editorial feedback to students.
- Quality control.
- Experience using WordPress and other CMS platforms.
- Ability to produce interactive content
- Knowledge/experience in journalism, education and public broadcasting media.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with an eye for detail.
- A minimum 2 years of experience working in journalism/bachelor’s degree/equivalent combination of training and experience.
What we offer:
- Competitive and comprehensive benefits package
- 403(b)/Roth and outstanding company match program
- Learning and growth opportunities
- Free parking
- Workplace events and volunteer opportunities
For a full job description or to apply through our online application, please click here to be directed to the careers page at WETA. To confirm that a WETA or PBS NewsHour job posting is under recruitment, please visit our websites for our current job postings list: www.weta.org and www.pbs.org/newshour/.
WETA is an equal employment opportunity employer. WETA does not discriminate against employees or applications on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law.
WQAD NEWS 8
LOCATION: WQAD-TV, Moline, Illinois
POSTING DATE: 5/16/17
Location: Moline, IL
Reports To: Assistant News Director
Are you a “news junkie” with a passion for journalism and live television? If so, WQAD News 8 has an immediate opening for a full-time newscast producer.
As a key member of our editorial content team you will collaborate with managers, the assignment desk and web producers in the planning, writing and coordination of all elements of a daily newscast. You must be able to handle a great deal of writing under tight deadlines and be able to keep your cool under pressure.
The ideal candidate will have a four-year degree in mass communications, journalism or a related field, strong writing skills, strong organizational skills, and a high level of creativity.
The right candidate for this position will be available to work a variety of hours including overnights and weekends.
Must be willing to submit to a background check and have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE AT: www.wqad.com or send your resume to Elaine Barreca (Assistant News Director) email@example.com
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Tribune Media Company (NYSE: TRCO) is home to a diverse portfolio of television and digital properties driven by quality news, entertainment and sports programming. Tribune Media is comprised of Tribune Broadcasting’s 42 owned or operated local television stations reaching more than 50 million households, national entertainment network WGN America, whose reach is approximately 80 million households, Tribune Studios, and a variety of digital applications and websites commanding 60 million monthly unique visitors online. Tribune Media also includes Chicago’s WGN-AM and the national multicast networks Antenna TV and THIS TV. Additionally, the Company owns and manages a significant number of real estate properties across the U.S. and holds a variety of investments, including a 32% interest in CareerBuilder, LLC and a 31% interest in Television Food Network, G.P., which operates Food Network and Cooking Channel. For more information please visit www.tribunemedia.com.
WPEC is seeking an enthusiastic, highly motivated Marketing Consultant. We are looking for someone who can connect with clients and help them achieve their business objectives through effective TV and digital advertising. The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication skills, have an enthusiastic and outgoing personality, along with a drive to succeed. Most importantly - we are looking for a hard-working salespeople who want to have FUN at work, make money, and help local businesses grow.
ideastream, Northeast Ohio’s Public Media Organization located in Playhouse Square is looking for a Communications Specialist.
This role will have the primary focus of creating the ideastream program guide, a monthly printed publication distributed to all ideastream members. The successful candidate will oversee the creation of the monthly guides and support ideastream with additional content and graphic design of external communication efforts. Secondary priorities will include monthly station email newsletters.
- Understanding of graphic design and production to format, edit and source content (text and images) for monthly station program guides and promotional materials.
- Ability to create and resize various print and digital ads often using existing templates and design specifications, with some original elements.
- Strong writing and editing expertise to research, write, and coordinate creation and distribution of promotional materials including program guides, e-newsletters, advertising, web content and other communications with an accurate and consistent presentation to targeted distribution points as assigned.
- Experience using Adobe InDesign and other Creative Suite programs. Familiarity with email service providers such as MailChimp and Constant Contact and general understanding of email marketing best practices.
- Experience in web-based promotion, including, but not limited to the effective use of social media and email marketing to achieve promotional/communications goals.
- Acute attention to detail and strong proofreading skills. Demonstrated enthusiasm for excellence and creativity. Proven ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- 2-3 years of experience in writing assignments for a public relations, media relations, journalism, advertising or in-house communications department preferred.
- Template-based design and production experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing or similar or equivalent experience required.
If you fit this profile and are looking for a change in your career please go to www.ideastream.org/employment and click on the position desired. There you can review full job descriptions, additional requirements and apply.
ideastream is an equal opportunity employer, women, minorities and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply; we value diversity in our workplace.
Multimedia Producer, Education
Join a high-performing team responsible for projects like this (http://theways.org/) and this (http://wisconsinperforms.org/) and this (http://wimedialab.org/biographies/). You’ll get the satisfaction that comes from knowing that your work makes a difference and have colleagues who are life-long learners, motivated by the power of curiosity and serving Wisconsin learners, educators and partners. Requires: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience; experience must include 2 or more years of video producing and hands-on editing. Knowledge of basic journalistic editorial principles, ethics and standards. Ability to write short format scripts, with factual integrity, that move, surprise, dazzle and engage. Details: www.wpt.ort/AboutWPT/employment. Betsy.firstname.lastname@example.org, 608-262-5221. EOE.
As a member of the Financial Times’ Global Human Resources team, the HR and Payroll Coordinator will provide HR and payroll administration for the US arm of the Financial Times. This position will be responsible for preparation of US payroll as well as administrative support for local and global HR projects and services. This is an exciting opportunity for someone interested in growing their HR career by gaining exposure to all aspects of the HR function as part of a first class media company. Given the nature of our ever-evolving business and the introduction of new payroll, benefits and HRIS providers in 2017, we require someone who is easily adaptable and comfortable in a change environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administer US payroll in ADP TotalSource system, to include inputting approved pay adjustments, personnel transactions such as new hires, termination; employee status changes, benefit deductions, garnishments, taxable fringe benefits, loan collection, leaves of absence
- Actively support Workday HRIS implementation and maintain all employee related changes in a timely manner
- Maintain the integrity of employee data and files, ensuring that all changes to terms are accurately recorded
- Maintain the flow of documentation for payroll changes including clear communication with ADP, benefits vendors, and internal departments to ensure accuracy and timeliness of payroll changes, auditing of payroll & HR systems
- Act as primary point person to address employee inquiries regarding pay
- Ensure that transactions are processed in compliance with internal policies and procedures as well as government agency regulations
- Run compensation and other payroll and HRIS reports as requested
- Manage on-boarding and off-boarding processes, including preparation of offer letters and orienting new employees to the organization, company benefits and organizational structure
- Support Compensation & Benefits Specialist in effectively managing employee benefit deductions and corresponding payroll file feed
- Support managers in their recruitment efforts by posting job ads, reviewing resumes, scheduling interviews
- Support coordination and organization of global and local learning and development initiatives such as facilitated training sessions, lunch & learns, and other internal events
- Partner with the Global Mobility team to facilitate smooth on-boarding and off-boarding of expat employees, emphasis on payroll set up
- Provide general advice to employees regarding US HR policies and procedures
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned or as responsibilities dictate
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of 1 year relevant payroll experience
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving and customer service skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of trust and integrity to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation
- Comfortable working autonomously without direction; ability to effectively prioritize workload
- Ability to liaise with employees at all levels of the organization
- Experience with ADP payroll systems
- Proficiency in Workday HRIS
- Experience working as part of a global, matrixed organization
- Experience working in the media industry
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country.
|About Us||NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
With CNBC in the U.S., CNBC in Asia Pacific, CNBC in Europe, Middle East and Africa, CNBC World and CNBC HD, CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to approximately 371 million homes worldwide, including more than 100 million households in the United States and Canada. CNBC also provides daily business updates to 400 million households across China. The network's 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America (weekdays from 4:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC also has a vast portfolio of digital products which deliver real-time financial market news and information across a variety of platforms. These include CNBC.com, the online destination for global business; CNBC PRO, the premium, integrated desktop/mobile service that provides real-time global market data and live access to CNBC global programming; and a suite of CNBC Mobile products including the CNBC Real-Time iPhone and iPad Apps.
Great job in a great city! Wisconsin Public Television seeks an Executive Producer for Cultural Affairs to lead an award-winning team of storytellers in the creation of a diverse array of multi-media projects highlighting Wisconsin culture, arts and performance. Requires: 5 yr experience; a high degree of creativity; vision; excellent writing skills; judgment; flexibility; the ability to lead and manage complex projects with a variety of partners. This position supervises and also includes hands-on producing. Details: www.wpt.org/AboutWPT/Employment. Betsy.email@example.com, 608-262-5221. EOE.
Apply at http://www.wgbh.org/about/employmentOpportunities.cfm