The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg Businessweek is a global source of essential business insight that inspires leaders to turn ideas into action. Through content, context and teamwork, Bloomberg Businessweek moderates global conversations and moves business professionals forward. Founded in 1929, Bloomberg Businessweek magazine is the market leader, with more than 4.7 million readers each week in 140 countries.
Bloomberg Businessweek is looking for a creative, talented and technically versatile designer to work in a dynamic busy weekly magazine. You will be responsible for bringing nuanced storytelling to shorter news sections, in depth features, and special projects. Working out of our New York newsroom, the role will include weekly print responsibilities but the focus will be on digital presentations, from design to programming.
We'll trust you to:
- Art direct and design across print and digital platforms
- Build idea-driven visuals to bring clarity and breadth to stories
- Design and code unique digital experiences for features and special issues
- Adapt and carry through digital treatments to social media
- Be able to mock up ideas quickly and present them to the team
- Quickly react to editorial feedback
- Close collaborate with graphics, photo
- Attention to detail in design in print and web
You'll need to have:
- BA in the visual arts or relevant work experience
- An eye for editorial UX design
- Minimum of 3-years design experience. Digital editorial experience is preferred
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite
Does this sound like you?
Apply! If we believe you’re a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
1. E-Mail resume & mp3 (English & Spanish if bilingual) to
2. Apply here: https://bit.ly/2FF45nY
E-mails without mp3 attachments will not be considered.
Can you deliver an energetic and conversational sound for the hottest Radio & TV stations in Miami?
The Total Traffic & Weather Network is looking for new Traffic Reporting superstars! News Anchors, Live Hosts, Top 40, Rhythmic Jocks, are encouraged to apply!
- We're looking to engage our audience with FAST, creative traffic reports for our music stations.
- Informative and in depth traffic reports for our news-talk stations.
- Producing the latest traffic info from all sources, audio, video, social, deliver that info FAST to our hundreds of thousands of smartphone users using The Total Traffic App.
This is a great opportunity to work and grow in a major market. Our environment is fast-paced, challenging, and rewarding. Previous traffic reporting is appreciated.
1. E-Mail resume & mp3 (English & Spanish if bilingual) to
2. Apply here: https://bit.ly/2FF45nY
E-mails without mp3 attachments will not be considered
- Prior TV, radio, audio content, live hosting experience or training preferred.
- Working knowledge of Major Florida cities and roadways a plus
- Knowledge of Social Media, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram a plus
- You need to know how to work with basic audio editing software
- This position includes on-air, producing duties and more. A flexible schedule is required including mornings, afternoons, split shifts, weekends and holidays. This is a great opportunity, to get on some of the biggest stations in Miami!
- This position may be FT or PT depending on business needs..
Total Traffic & Weather Network / iHeart Media is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification.
Job Location MIRAMAR, Florida, United States
The Pennsylvania Horticultural Society (PHS) is seeking a senior level development professional to oversee major individual giving and grants. This is a terrific opportunity to join a dynamic organization and accomplished development team in a newly created role. As a key member of the development leadership team, the Senior Director of Major Gifts and Grants will manage the major gifts program, annual leadership level donor club, and grantmaking from private foundations. The Senior Director will manage a personal portfolio and supervise two experienced gift officers and a prospect researcher. Integral to this role will be the strategic management of the prospect pipeline, with oversight of engagement strategies and deployment of staff and volunteer leadership.
The successful candidate will have experience supervising professional fundraisers and a minimum of 5 years development experience. Must have a demonstrated knowledge of fundraising best practices and proven ability to develop and implement major gift and relationship building strategies. The ideal candidate will have enthusiasm for engaging and qualifying early-stage prospects.
To view the full job description and learn more about PHS benefits and employment, please apply online at: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=df9f4474-51bf-4d5c-ba2d-f8c1edc1e317&jobId=253921&lang=en_US&source=CC3&ccId=19000101_000001
The Garden Resource Specialist (GRS) will work closely with the entire Community Gardens team, and our partner, Neighborhood Gardens Trust (NGT) to support the long term health and viability of community gardens and other shared grow spaces throughout Philadelphia.
The GRS will be the primary point person during the intake process for gardens entering our program, focusing on strategic communications and engagement, and material and technical support. The position will function as a direct link between PHS and gardens participating in our program by addressing immediate questions, creating and sharing quarterly newsletters, providing technical and educational support, and maintaining our databases.
To view the full job description and learn more about PHS benefits and employment, please apply online at: https://phsonline.org/about/careers-at-phs/employment/careers/garden-resource-specialist
The Information Services Specialist serves as part of a 6-person team that provides administrative and project support for the PHS Information Services department. Support includes customer service, data entry, and information analysis. This position is focused on member and donor relations and works collaboratively with the Development Division to produce solicitation materials, process gifts, generate acknowledgment letters, and support events. This position will require extensive knowledge of PHS development and membership programs and other organizational activities as well as fundraising databases and best practices.
To view the full job description and learn more about PHS benefits and employment, please apply online at: https://phsonline.org/about/careers-at-phs/employment/careers/information-services-specialist
This position provides executive administrative support to the VP of Program Strategy & Planning including answering phones, maintaining calendars, scheduling meetings, preparing expense reports, arranging travel, distributing documents and fielding miscellaneous office-related requests. This position will also provide key team support throughout the day including schedule change administrative support, ad hoc inventory projects and maintenance of various program planning documents. We are looking for someone who has a genuine curious nature, goes beyond usual approaches to solve problems, and is dedicated to the position with a passion for TV & film. As an integral member of the Program Scheduling team, the role presents tremendous opportunities for growth. A successful candidate will be imaginative, a problem-solver, resilient in an environment of fast-paced change and highly collaborative.
- Provide full administrative support including phones, scheduling meetings, processing expense reports, and making travel arrangements
- ndividual will serve as liaison to executive to communicate critical information
- Collaborate with senior level internal and external executives for events and scheduling
- Ensure meeting arrangements are completed accurately and include appropriate materials, web conferencing, conference call number and catering services if required
- Customize and implement innovative and impactful solutions
• REQUIREMENTS •
- 1+ years administrative experience required, preferably within the entertainment/media industry
- Solid proven interest/passion of the television & film industry
- Strong written/verbal communication and detail-oriented organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task with impeccable attention to detail and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Outstanding professionalism with an ability to work well with individuals across the company at all levels
- Flexibility to adapt to a fast-paced environment with changing work priorities
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office Applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) – ability to create exceptional PowerPoint slides a plus!
Apply online at HBOcareers.com
ARE YOU READY TO TAKE YOUR MEDIA SALES CAREER TO A MEANINGFUL PLACE?
DO YOU LOVE PUBLIC RADIO - NPR?
WE HAVE AN EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY AVAILABLE AT WKSU 89.7!
We are seeking a determined, persuasive, skillful media sales professional to join our team at WKSU.
WKSU 89.7, a service of Kent State University, is an award-winning, highly regarded community institution. With a mission of enriching lives and strengthening the community through the power of media, WKSU engages 22 northeast Ohio counties through partnerships, media placements and events.
Meaningful and Engaging Work: In this position you will help businesses and non-profits connect to WKSU’s audience with their sponsorship message on multiple delivery channels including radio, digital and events. In this relationship building role, you will reach out to decision makers at local businesses, meet with them to understand their marketing needs and develop proposals that offer marketing solutions to help them grow their businesses. This is a high performance position in that you will prospect, conduct needs assessments, create and present proposals, close the deal, write copy and service the account. While managing an account list you will also focus on developing new business.
Do You Have?
- Media sales experience is high on our list. In fact, 2+ years is what we are looking for. Sales in broadcast and digital is preferred.
- Passion for public media and the power of radio Knowledge about the programming is beneficial.
- Must have self-motivation and bring an entrepreneurial spirit. We’re looking for a self-starter with ideas and drive to succeed.
- Excellent people skills – Proactive relationship builder with great listening skills and an easy rapport that is credible and trustworthy.
- Communication skills - thoughtful and persuasive verbal and written communications skills. Can you create professional visual presentations and proposals?
- An aptitude for analytics – the ability to gather market data, conduct research and use it to deliver effective presentations.
- Time and resource management skills - prioritize effectively to achieve/exceed goals.
- A collaborative personality. We are looking for a team member who values communicating with management and peers for feedback/insight.
- 4 year college degree; Marketing, Business or related field is preferred; or a combination of education and experience equivalent to six years of experience in sales.
To apply, we require: (1) a letter explaining your interest and how your skills are aligned to this position and (2) your resume. This is YOUR opportunity TO SELL us on being a qualified candidate for this position!
- Compensation package that is competitive and focused on professional development and growth
- Targeted sales training and dedicated management support
- Team of smart, creative and collaborative people
- Core values that include a commitment to the success of all stakeholders, healthy work-life balance and mutual trust, dignity and respect
- An opportunity for higher education, including graduate level degrees such as an MBA, PhD, etc.
- Generous personal time off, including holidays
- Generous State Retirement Savings Plan along with medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans
For a complete description of this position and to apply online,
visit our jobsite at https://jobs.kent.edu
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer / Disabled / Veterans