NCTA has an exceptional work environment with great benefits.
Reports to the Senior Vice President of Government Relations (GR). Responsible for: 1) coordinating projects across the GR Department, which includes federal government relations, state government relations, and third parties; 2) scheduling, travel, budget, and other administrative functions; 3) maintaining Hill contact lists and PAC spending spreadsheets; 4) managing a limited number of events including monthly member and consultant lunches, a staff trip, and holiday party; and 5) periodically assisting in reporting on hearings and events and tracking legislation.
Primary Job Duties/Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Works with the SVP to set priorities, organize and manage projects, and prepare for meetings.
- Manages all scheduling, including travel, for the SVP, and assists other department staff with scheduling and travel as needed.
- Works effectively with counterparts within NCTA, at NCTA member companies, on the Hill, and with other outside organizations to coordinate meetings, phone calls and other events.
- Maintains calendars for the Government Relations Department, including relevant congressional, government agency, state, and third-party events.
- Provides overall management of administrative related services for the department, including developing the budget, processing invoices, and tracking department expenses to the budget.
- Creates expense reports for the SVP and reviews expense reports for department staff.
- Manages the department communication systems, telephone, email, files and subscriptions.
- Creates and edits both electronic and paper correspondence.
- Updates and maintains Congressional lists and NCTA member contact lists.
- Organizes and maintains files according to NCTA’s Document Retention Policy.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Interest in being a critical player on a tightly-knit team in a fast-paced, collegial, and professional environment focused on the intersection of politics, good policy, and the consumer’s broadband and television experience.
- Prior experience on the Hill, or with a corporate/association government relations team, political consulting firm, or law firm.
- Prior scheduling experience.
- College degree preferred, but experience may be substituted.
- Excellent computer skills with emphasis on Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Keynote. Experience with SalesForce a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and prioritizing skills, ability to keep the trains moving, punctuality, and attention to details and presentation.
- High degree of initiative, judgment and discretion with sensitivity to NCTA’s public policy issues and processes.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Flexibility needed to respond to time sensitive projects, changing priorities, and the occasional need for extended work hours.
Only applicants who submit a cover letter and resume will be considered.
EdSource, a California nonprofit organization with the state’s largest team of education reporters, is seeking a Journalism Resident to contribute to the news organization’s coverage of East Bay schools.
The inaugural program is designed to help an education reporter, or an aspiring one, hone his or her writing and reporting skills alongside an award-winning team of education journalists in California. It is based on the model of “teacher residencies” in which teachers-in-training work alongside mentor teachers to become highly effective educators.
EdSource is looking for a passionate and resourceful reporter who understands how to write with impact and can place local education challenges within a state and national context. As part of his or her ongoing professional work, the Journalism Resident will have the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other EdSource journalists through daily editorial meetings and on stories and projects.
Applicants should have excellent news judgment and a willingness to learn. The position would ideally be full-time but could also be part-time, depending on the availability of the candidate. The term of the fellowship would be a minimum of three months – or as long as a year – depending on the candidate’s availability. There also could be opportunities to extend employment beyond the initial term.
EdSource is the leading reporting organization covering all aspects of education reform in California. Articles are published online, in daily email newsletters, and through partnerships with other news organizations.
The Journalism Resident will be based at EdSource main office in downtown Oakland.
- Interest in education
- Some reporting experience; knowledge of education issues a plus but not required
- Knowledge of the San Francisco Bay Area preferred
- Audio or video reporting skills a plus
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write lively stories, including enterprise and breaking news
- Maintain an active online presence, as well as develop new ways to build an audience
Send a cover letter, resume with contact information for three references, links to your social
media accounts and links to or samples of your written/digital work to email@example.com.
Please include job title in subject line.
The Senior Coordinator, Individual Giving is a key member of our mid-level giving team and supports cultivating, soliciting and engaging our donors who support WNET’s work with gifts from $1,500 to $24,000 each year. Key responsibilities include:
• Support mid-level donor stewardship and prospect cultivation, including field and process donor calls and requests through donor hotline, in person and via email; coordinate and implement prospect visits and meetings with senior leadership and Development officers, and gathering any necessary briefing materials; manage weekly call sheets for all members of the mid-level giving team; prepare Family Foundation reports and coordinate communication for donor recognition opportunities, including monthly individualized on-air recognition spots;
• Coordinate with external agency for direct mail and email solicitations;
• Coordinate in-house, high-level donor solicitations ($10k+), including letters, proposals, briefings, and supporting materials;
• Oversee personalized donor thank you notes, including welcome package for new mid-level donors;
• Maintain mid-level donor records in donor database;
• Additional duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates will have at least one year of experience in an administrative support role and strong proficiency with Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook, Word and Excel. Additional qualifications include:
• Strong attention to detail with excellent organizational and problem solving skills;
• Ability to deliver superior customer service, excellent writing and phone manner and ability to work efficiently in a fast paced environment;
• BA/BS, or equivalent experience.
Candidates with experience in a fundraising environment and/or fundraising databases (Salesforce) are preferred.
Apply online at WNET Careers
WNET New York Public Media
825 Eighth Avenue
New York, NY 10019
WNET is an equal employment opportunity employer. WNET does not discriminate against employees or applicants on the basis of actual or perceived race, religion, creed, color, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy or pregnancy related condition, marital and partnership status, familial status, arrest or conviction record, union membership, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offense, unemployment status, caregiver status, credit history, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law.
WTAT/FOX 24, Charleston, SC, has a full-time opening for a Local/Digital Sales Assistant who is a detail-oriented team player with exceptional organizational, written and verbal skills. This position assists Account Executives and Sales Managers on processing advertising contracts, obtaining creative materials and generating support materials for the sales team. We are part of Cunningham Broadcasting Corporation and offer excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, life, 401k match, and more. Office hours are Monday-Friday 8:30 am-5:30 pm.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Assist with the creation and development of sales proposals and client presentations, advertising and digital packages based on Account Executive and Sales Management requests
- Perform clerical functions for Sales through order entry and report generation
- Experience in a PC based environment using Microsoft products – Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to utilize OSI, OSI Sales, Base, Ad Connections and Outlook
- Working with various departments
- Assist (as needed) with support on On-Air and Digital campaigns to include order entry and maintenance
- Proficiency in MS Office and knowledge of basic graphic programs
- Strong organizational skills and ability to efficiently handle multiple priorities
- Positive and professional attitude
- Ability to meet strict deadlines while maintaining high degree of accuracy
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Flexibility to work in a rapidly changing environment
To apply, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “WTAT-Local Sales Assistant” in the subject line.
No phone calls please.
WTAT-TV and Cunningham Broadcasting Corporation are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Consultant to focus on driving revenue by selling digital media solutions to new and existing clients. Must have an outgoing personality, be fearless when making cold calls, and excel at setting appointments and closing sales. If you have a passion for everything digital and are highly self-motivated to achieve success, this is the place for you!
This position will report to and have tremendous support from our Digital Sales Manager and will work in an emerging market with aggressive expansion in local business, large commercial plants and downtown development that is in the midst of a building boom that has seen over 3000 new homes built in the last three years.
Most importantly, our team is looking for a revenue generator to join our fast-paced digital sales team to provide small- and medium-sized businesses an opportunity to increase their sales and profitability through a 360-degree marketing approach.
Success in this role may be achieved by monitoring and understanding competitors; continuing education and awareness of digital media trends; obtaining customers by cold calling, networking and prospecting; and successful negotiations. As Digital Marketing Associate, you will:
- Generate new leads by making cold calls, calling on inactive accounts, and prospecting new business opportunities while maintaining strong relationships with existing clients
- Conduct in-depth client needs analyses to understand clients' business objectives and advertising strategies and find ways to help them achieve their objectives through effective advertising
- Create and present customized sales presentations/proposals and successfully close large ad buys
- Meet or (preferably) exceed monthly and quarterly sales goals
- Sell digital advertising and marketing solutions, customized to each client's needs, from our product suite that includes Website Development, CTV, SEO, SEM, Social Media, Programmatic Display, Geo Fencing, Email Marketing, SMS Loyalty Programs and local news assets
- Manage and retain large client multi-market campaigns
- Provide clients with cross platform marketing solutions
- Work with other marketing consultants and managers as directed
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- A bachelor's degree is preferred
- 2+ years of digital sales experience and/or digital agency experience
- Strong MS Office skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Comprehensive understanding of digital assets and current digital trends
- Strong problem solving, communications, writing, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Be highly self-driven, demonstrate great initiative, display a professional demeanor, exude high energy and show attention to detail
- Must be confident, flexible, able to multitask and work independently
- Able to effectively communicate, build rapport with and relate well to all kinds of people
- Professional appearance is a must
- Reliable transportation and a good driving record required
Our Marketing Consultants are some of the highest commissioned sales people in broadcasting. If you are interested in selling some of the best media in the industry, we want to hear from you!
Apply online at http://www.sbgi.net/careers
Sinclair Broadcast Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace.
Sinclair Broadcast Group/Chattanooga needs an experienced Marketing Consultant with deep expertise in digital marketing services. Ideal candidate is proficient in digital strategies ranging from Google AdWords and geo-fencing to Over-the-Top solutions and social media strategy. The Digital Marketing Consultant also will leverage his/her expertise and experience in digital marketing solutions as an asset to local auto dealerships. This position will be a tactical digital seller and an integral part of our company-wide training and sales initiative focused on tier 3 auto business.
In addition to training and coaching, we’re looking for a closer with a proven record of developing business, accurately forecasting revenue, and creating strategic business plans in this highly competitive digital landscape. The winning candidate will design and implement revenue growth strategies for our local market. Creating solid partnerships with local businesses, auto dealers and station leadership will be the key to success. If you’re an industry leader, we’re interested in talking to you.
Specific Duties include:
- Exceed expectations for market penetration, average deal size, and total revenue in assigned geography
- Maintain consistent presence in the field, driving growth from all auto dealers
- Develop, implement and manage business plans to exceed corporate objectives and sales goals
- Act as player/coach on in-person sales calls with key decision makers at dealerships throughout the local market
- Conduct immersive training sessions with sales team based on Sinclair auto philosophy
- Collaborate with in-market SBG leadership to set sales goals and objectives for each local account
- Provide the Regional Digital Automotive Manager with monthly outlook and revenue forecasts
- Work closely with sales management and corporate staff to ensure coordination and cooperation in support of sales and operations
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Demonstrated success in building and maintaining top-tier customer relationships
- Strong business acumen with a thorough understanding of marketing strategies, automotive business cycles and consumer behavior
- Real experience and success communicating and working directly with auto dealers on identifying and achieving their business goals
- Proven track record of developing and managing people and sales processes
- Strength is running multiple unique strategic projects concurrently
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of experience in dealership operations and/or digital media sales
- Experience managing a large sales territory
- Proficient in the use of office software and CRM tools
- Excellent communication, presentation, planning, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Previous sales management experience is not required, but valued
Apply online at http://www.sbgi.net/careers
Sinclair Broadcast Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.
Wisconsin Public Television (WPT) seeks a videographer to skillfully and successfully operate broadcast quality video cameras, and edit video and audio on non-linear editing systems for WPT broadcast, digital and non-broadcast productions. The successful candidate will work collaboratively as well as independently utilizing excellent creative, organizational and communication skills, and must have experience recording effective field video and audio that meets proper broadcast technical specifications in a variety of settings.
ABC7 Chicago is looking for an enterprising and energetic reporter to cover a wide range of topics.
Gathering and reporting news for all platforms. We’re looking for a reporter who researches and pitches interesting stories, works sources to break news and brings energy to their reporting through good writing, use of best visuals and active live shots. Reporter may be assigned to a specific franchise.
Must be able to work under intense deadline pressure to turn stories for multiple newscasts as well as digital platforms. Must have solid writing and reporting skills. Must show competency and interest in engaging with digital audiences.
Ability and knowledge of shooting and editing video
College degree required; 3-5 years of large market experience preferred
This is an AFTRA represented position.
Candidates should upload their cover letter and resume at www.disneycareers.com
Requisition ID# 691406BR
No phone calls, please
Equal Opportunity Employer – Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity